Why is Invision so popular?

Question

Hi Just wondered why this board is so much more active than the phpBB2 forum, is it a lot better or is because you get more bugs :D ?

nEO

PHPBB messed up alot sometimes... IPB is more stable and doesn't mess up very much. I like IPB more then PHPBB bc the admin CP isn't confusing unlike PHPBB's are (yes, i've said PHPBB lots) you can pretty much do more with IPB then "PHPBB" but, im not really sure.. i just prefer invision

They make if free then they slap us with an old version and makes that free nice. lol

For those of you complaining about IPB not being free anymore, think of it this way;

Have you spent hours, weeks, months of your own time developing software for others to use for completely free? Have you had to get out security patches quickly? If not, shut up :p I don't blame the guy for charging for his products, if I was him, I'd do exactly the same. I don't know if he "promised" that he wouldn't charge for it, but hey, people change their minds. Maybe his financial situation changed, maybe he didn't have as much free time anymore and needed extra money so he could take time off work and develop the software or something. Who knows, fact is, you get what you pay for. I'm sure that IPB would not be up to the same standard if it were free and the devs did it entirely in their own time. I doubt new releases would come out as often. Look at phpbb, how long does it take them to bring out new releases?

Exactly. Matt promised that 2.0.x would be free, and it was, at least for a few days. Not to mention that all the public betas and release candidates of 2.0.x were also free.

Becuase it owns phpBB and vBulliton.

Its simple as that, it costs money becuase somebody put hard work and time into making it...which is why everything else in the world costs money...right?