Wireless Broadband

I just got a 2mb wireless broadband connection today and set up a wireless router in the attic also...

I get good speed but i was wondering does wireless broadband suffer from latency problems as satellite broadband does.

Im really want to get Xbox Live but i dont want to buy a years subscription for laggy gameplay

Thanks

Do you mean you have a normal modem connected to a wireless router?? or the internet actually comes to your house wireless and then u have a wireless router shareing it to all the pc's?

I have my xbox in my room and the only way i can get on xbox live is to share my laptops wireless connection.

The router is downstairs at the other side of the house xbox live has no problems with this :) so it should work fine for you.. there's an official wireless adaptor for the 360 but its like ?60-?70

Also you get 1month free of Xbox Live Gold when you buy your 360 so just try using that before you buy a whole yea:):)

Its not DSL or Cable... Im have wireless broadband coming into my house through the reciever on the roof... That is then connected to a router in the attic to have a wireless connection all around the house.

The main question i suppose is : Can i play games on a wireless broadband connection without lag?

The main question i suppose is : Can i play games on a wireless broadband connection without lag?

I do. Although I was on 10mb/512k at the time, I could host 10+ men on GRAW also.

Wireless doesn't appear to suffer any more lag than a normal connection as long as the reception is good.

Why is the wireless router in the loft though? Why not just in the lounge or bedroom?

by putting it in the loft, you're just adding another floor to block the signal. Could you drill through and put it in another room.

edit : "reciever on the roof" --- ireland has wifi broadband? Cool.

Well... I didnt want lots of wires going through the house, so i said i would leave it in the attic where it connects to the antenna.

Im getting "excellent speed" even down on the first floor and the signal is great when im outside at our boundary.

Most of Irelands towns and cities have broadband by now but the problem lies in the rural areas. Im living about 5km from a broadband enabled town.

Wireless is becoming a very popular and competitive choice it seems.

Come to think about it. If my neighbour wasnt so computer illiterate could he be leaching off my connection simply by installing a wireless card?

To check if your latency is good or bad, why not try pinging multiple locations? (Ireland, North America, Europe and Australia, and if you want Asia)

I had wireless broadband. It was a 2mb connection up and down and I always got that connection. I never had any problems what so ever. It seemed to be faster then my 3Mb cable is.