[NFL] Peerless Price back in Buffalo

SOURCE

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Peerless Price signed a four-year contract with the Buffalo Bills on Monday, rejoining the team with which he's enjoyed the most success.

A seven-year NFL veteran, the wide receiver returns to the Bills after failed stints with Atlanta and Dallas - moves that came after he forced a trade from Buffalo to the Falcons three years ago. His new contract is worth more than $10 million and includes additional incentives should he take over as the Bills No. 1 receiver.

I am just glad the Falcons finally dumped him last year. I am amazed that he was able to swing a 4 year, $10 million contract after the crappy last three years he's had. I guess I shouldn't have expected much more from a former Volunteer.... :whistle:

Guys calm down. Football doesn't have guaranteed contracts. All contracts in the NFL are essentially one year deals.

No contract expert, by no means, but it's not that simple.

It was a quick post that didn't get into details. I couldn't find the exact specifics of Price's contract before I typed that message. Going on past contracts, most are back loaded. Usually a player gets a signing bonus and the first year's salary. If a team cuts a players after one year or so, they are are responsible for the rest of the prorated signing bonus.