1. 1. Favourite Graphics Editor.

• Photoshop
    • Paintshop Pro
    • Fireworks
    • the GIMP or other editor

Question

19 answers to this question

So you guys bought Photoshop :ponder:

$600 is a bit too much for me eventhough it's the best graphics program out there.

I recently tried Uleads photoimpact ($90) and I must say it's quite a nice program.

it really depends what im doin! i like fireworks the most but i wouldnt dream of making a wallpaper or ne other abstract graphics in it! I use fireworks to skin cos its just easier.

AL

So you guys bought Photoshop :ponder:

$600 is a bit too much for me eventhough it's the best graphics program out there.

I recently tried Uleads photoimpact ($90) and I must say it's quite a nice program.

Of course Redmak, surely a Neowinian wouldn't use pirated software.

Personally, I prefer Photoshop, but I carry the GIMP around on my U3 drive.

Of course Redmak, surely a Neowinian wouldn't use pirated software.

Personally, I prefer Photoshop, but I carry the GIMP around on my U3 drive.

hahaha no we wouldnt dare use pirated software :shiftyninja:

I would say Fireworks because of the hybrid bitmap-vector but not really vector system which makes it a lot easier to use to manipulate bitmaps than Photoshop (since most of the graphics that I do are simple edits on bitmaps, this is my fav). Then in second place I would put InkScape and Photoshop tied, InkScape for the full vector system and Photoshop for its sheer capabilities in the bitmap realm which is a lot better than Fireworks' (although I still prefer InkScape better than Photoshop because its easier to use). In third place I would place Illustrator, although not as simple to use as InkScape its a lot more powerful (and functions are not as hidden).

Photoshop, because it's for pretty much everything.

I used to use Paint Shop Pro (I used 7 through to XI), but I moved to Photoshop, since nobody in business cares if you know how to use Paint Shop Pro, Fireworks etc. They ALL want you to know Adobe Photoshop.

lol at bringing back a 6 year old thread.

I use GIMP and an older version of Fireworks. I probably would use Photoshop but i've never had the want to spend the money on it. I might though seeing there is some decent student discounts on the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium.