[NHL] The Hit of the Season

It was a good hit, but I don't know about best of the season.

And, no, before you ask, I can't name a better one off the top of my head. It was a very good hit, but I'm not sure if it was the best of the season.

Unbelivable hit, I loved the crowds reaction.

The only other big hit of the season that i can remember was Sundin getting ran over.

Edited by davemania

It was a good hit, but I don't know about best of the season.

And, no, before you ask, I can't name a better one off the top of my head. It was a very good hit, but I'm not sure if it was the best of the season.

That's what I was thinkin', too.

As much as the crowd loves it (that roar was likely somewhat reminiscent of the colosseum after a good strike:P), and it is aggressive and exciting, does it really show much of a level of skill? Would it have not been better hockey to be able to steal the puck from him while he was on the rush, instead of just leveling him like one of the Hanson brothers from Slapshot?

Not saying I didn't enjoy it at some level, just saying that it does raise an arguement in my mind.

Actually no stealing the puck wouldn't have been better because it got the crowd really into it after that hit plus took a player out of philly's lineup.