PSP Firmware 2.70 is out!

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx?id=SoftwareUpdate

network.jpg

Macromedia? Flash? content can now be displayed in [internet Browser].

You must perform an activation procedure under [system Settings] to enable Flash? content to be displayed.

The system supports Macromedia? Flash? Player 6; however, some features are not supported.

bullet [Connection Settings] has been added as a setting under [settings] in [internet Browser] > [Tools].

bullet Audio content from [RSS Channel] can now be saved on Memory Stick Duo? media.

bullet [Automatic] has been added as an option under [Rate] in the control panel of [LocationFree? Player]. For details on the LocationFree? Base Station, visit http://www.sony.com/locationfree/ownerslounge/psp.

music.jpg

A new file extension has been added to playable AAC formats.

settings.jpg

[Enable Flash? Player] has been added as a setting under [system Settings].

You must be connected to the Internet to activate this setting.

Options to display simplified Chinese or traditional Chinese characters have been added under [system Settings] > [system Language].

[RSS Channel Settings] has been added as a setting.

[uMD?Video L/R Button] has been added as an option under [Video Settings].

OTHER

Certain conditions that have occurred when using Memory Stick PRO Duo? with free (recordable) memory space of 2 GB or more are now solved.

<:woot:w00t! :woot: DOES NOT WORK WITH 2.70!--/colorc-->

^^ It works now I have the same thing.

Anybody know why after upgrading my psp doesn't boot sometimes ? Its getting annoying and it started happening right after I upgraded.

Also the menu freezes when a disc is loading ?

Haven't seen a reason worth upgrading from 2.6, which can run most homebrew, minus iso loaders, and you can even run some Flash with File Assistant. And why Flash 6.0, when Flash 8.0 has been out for awhile? PSP underpowered or Sony doesn't want to kill battery life/sell more Duos? Too bad it patched the GTA exploit as well.

I have and internet excess which require login in page in the browser does anyone know when that's going to work.

if you go into the connection settings and do manual for address settings (but still set everything for automatic), there is an option near the end to launch browser on connect (for hotspots that require you to login or agree to a statement

if you go into the connection settings and do manual for address settings (but still set everything for automatic), there is an option near the end to launch browser on connect (for hotspots that require you to login or agree to a statement

Thats very good if you are somewhere like a college where you need to login to access the web

It shows me

"A connection error has occurred. (80410209)

Connection Name: XXXX

SSID: XXXX_base

what kind of encryption is the network using? I know I can't use my school's wifi connection because it uses LEAP encryption (requires a username and password), and the PSP does not support LEAP as of right now

It doesn't have any protection, it just aquires the address and open the browser and it will take you to the login in page. I don't know what kinda security it has. I tried all three security option neither works.

Man I really hoped they wouldn't patch the GTA exploit :( Guess they were tired of GTA being the best selling title for such a long time. I was hoping for that exploit to stay alive when they release the PS1 emulator but that was only silly thinking.

It doesn't have any protection, it just aquires the address and open the browser and it will take you to the login in page. I don't know what kinda security it has. I tried all three security option neither works.

Do you have to enter an username and password to get on the Internet at school? If that's the case, you won't be able to get on the Internet with psp.

I hope sony adds cisco leap or peap support so I can use my psp at work

Well whenever I want to excess the internet on my laptop I just choose the wireless network XXX_base and then click connect after it aquires the ip address I just open my browser and that will take to the the login page.

Man I really hoped they wouldn't patch the GTA exploit :( Guess they were tired of GTA being the best selling title for such a long time. I was hoping for that exploit to stay alive when they release the PS1 emulator but that was only silly thinking.

Can you elaborate more on this GTA exploit?

^ It's one of the lates exploits Sony had yet to fix to allow people to run homebrew software from their PSP. I was so stupid to upgrade to 2.6 because I wanted to play the latest games but I didn't know there exists such a thing as a firmware loader that allows you to run certain firmware without patching your current. So I'm stuck with 2.6 and the GTA exploit if I ever want to run homebrew on my PSP.

Can you elaborate more on this GTA exploit?

I can.

It's possible to execute your own code by creating a special game save for GTA Liberty City Stories. Put the file on your memory stick, start the game, load the special save, and bam! This exploit didn't let you do anything that you want, but it did let you execute some code at least.

We NEED divx/xvid codecs!

Do they reolize that if they offerned that on the psp, sales just might go through the god damn roof!

I'd think about buying one again (sold the last one to my friend, after about 2 weeks)

Well whenever I want to excess the internet on my laptop I just choose the wireless network XXX_base and then click connect after it aquires the ip address I just open my browser and that will take to the the login page.

Until the psp supports login, then you won't be able to use your psp there. I was lucky it supports my wireless network at home. I did have to update the firmware before it supported it.