OMG... Rooney's injured...

I dont want to say that that rooney is our only chance of winning the world cup, but he plays a massive part. And now with this injury he just got at the chelsea game, is it all over for us...

Let me know you opinions on the matter, and also keep the updates coming in on his situation...

A suspected broken ankle. I recently broke my ankle and had no ligament damage, I was in a cast for six weeks and it is still hurting me and I cant run even though I broke it over nine weeks ago.

If it is a broken ankle like it is rumoured then the guy has no chance. Which is pretty sad as he is England's most influential player.

that flapper fouled roon on purpose. i tell ya with roon we may have had a 70% chance of winnin the cup, now i fink its more like 40..

don't worry lads, we got the magnificent crouch and dafoe so we're good to go </sarcasm>

yeah we're pretty much screwed, but we sitll got Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and hopefully Michael Owen so we should do alright.

If he doesn't make it to the World Cup, England still has as much of a chance as anyone else. England has good enough forwards to replace him if it came to that.

The latest update is that he is on crutches, but we have to wait for the scan results tomorrow. Meanwhile Michael Owen limped off the field just twenty minutes or so after making his comeback from a broken foot. It does not look to good for our strikers, even though I am a Liverpool fan we all know we would prefer to have Rooney playing than Peter Crouch.

Wayne Rooney is a major doubt for this summer's World Cup after it was confirmed he fractured a metatarsal in his foot

The England striker went down in agony in Manchester United's 3-0 loss to Chelsea under a challenge from Portuguese defender Paolo Ferreira.

United released a short statement on Rooney on Saturday evening stating the striker had broken his 'fourth metatarsal on his right foot'.

"He will be out for six weeks," continued the United statement on their official website.

With this summer's World Cup in Germany just six weeks away it remains to be seen whether coach Sven Goran Eriksson will now gamble on the fitness of his star player.

The Swede opted to use David Beckham while injured in the 2002 World Cup and the England captain was far from his best.

However, with Rooney a major player in The Three Lions squad, Eriksson will give the former Everton man as much time as possible to play a part in this summer's showpiece event.

Looks like it will be tough for him to make the World Cup, and he wont have much match fitness either. He broke a metatarsal in his right foot during Euro 2004 as well :blink:

looked a lot worse on MOTD than it sounded when I heard it on the radio, man it's looking really unlikely he'll be fit and even if he is who knows how match ready he'll be. They said he will be out for 6 week minimum, ****! :no:

Not good at all. I think England is a definite deserving team to make it to the quarter finals, at the very least. I remember last cup he was an excellent player and still very young...

Oh well, buggered then! Nout new really. The fact we rely on ONE player when we have a whole squad should really say something about how poor the rest of the team is!! I wont be putting my usual bet on this year!!

I guess people talking about how poor the team are didn't see either of gerrards goals today and missed coles too.

The team isn't poor without him, but he adds a lot to the team and any space in a team is bad news when there isn't anyone who can fill. Brazil aren't crap without Ronaldinho but he sure helps.

as if england had a chance of winning with him LOL

LMAO, so true. Perhaps if we get knocked out early we can escape the hype and have a regular summer. *shrugs* Still, it would have been nice to have a team without injuries as even though I'm not a fan of football the World Cup is still pretty enjoyable.

A suspected broken ankle. I recently broke my ankle and had no ligament damage, I was in a cast for six weeks and it is still hurting me and I cant run even though I broke it over nine weeks ago.

If it is a broken ankle like it is rumoured then the guy has no chance. Which is pretty sad as he is England's most influential player.

When I did my ankle ligaments I couldn't play for 8 weeks.

But yeah, you can't replace Rooney. It's all over for England. :no:

So, even though Rooney didn't score in any of the qualifiers, people are saying we now have no chance because he will not be fit.

for me, i see rooney as being more than a goal scorer.

he sets the pace of the game and creates a lot of chances, plus in my first post i said i didn't think he was our only chance of winning, but he certainly plays a big part.

But doesn't every player play a big part, if not, there is no point them being there. I agree that Rooney is a class player and does more than score goals, but so do a lot of others.

Rooney brings a lot more than goals to the team. He is probably even though he is 20 one of the best players in the world and can only get better. He shines on the world stage more than for Manchester Utd, he seems to thrive under pressure. His pace, strength, aggression, finishing, vision, flair and technique make him impossible to defend against.

Rooney and Gerrard are probably England's most important players for the World Cup, especially if Gerrard can carry his fabulous club form over.

Well as much as i love rooney and sad to see him go. It seems everyone are like noooo we ain't going to have him for the world cup.

The reason behind this is sven he's a pain in the but

We have many great english forwards! Bent, Defoe, Lennon!

Plus we got Gerrard and Lampard in the midfield, we know they can score. Plus if we got tons of strikers that can see and find the net and we can use them by using Joe Cole and Shaun Wright Philips on the wings to keep sliping them in and we got a good chance.

Not sure about the england defence, Rio doesn't seem that great and i feel has been poor this season.

Other then that who the hell is in our defence?

Football teams need to stop relying on just 1 or 2 players, Arsenal have learned that having only recently gotten Henry back. Man United learned it when they lost Keane. England need to be able to cope without 1 or 2 players (Namely Rooney and Beckham). There are 11 players on the pitch at any one time, if we can't win the World Cup without 1 player, we don't deserve to win the World Cup in my opinion.

Well as much as i love rooney and sad to see him go. It seems everyone are like noooo we ain't going to have him for the world cup.

The reason behind this is sven he's a pain in the but

We have many great english forwards! Bent, Defoe, Lennon!

Plus we got Gerrard and Lampard in the midfield, we know they can score. Plus if we got tons of strikers that can see and find the net and we can use them by using Joe Cole and Shaun Wright Philips on the wings to keep sliping them in and we got a good chance.

Not sure about the england defence, Rio doesn't seem that great and i feel has been poor this season.

Other then that who the hell is in our defence?

In my opinion Englands best XI is:

GK: Robinson

DR: Neville

DC: Terry

DC: Carragher

DL: A. Cole

MR: Beckham

MC: Gerrard

MC: Lampard

ML: J. Cole

FC: Rooney

ST: Owen

In my opinion with that XI we can win the World Cup, but I dont think that eleven will become a reality. I dont know why you are even mentioning Lennon because he is not in the squad and he is not even a striker. SWP will travel to Germany but he wont start, Sven will never drop Beckham and SWP has not really been that good at Chelsea this season has he? I think Crouch will start up front with Owen in Germany if Rooney is not fit.

Took me 9 weeks to recover from a broken ankle (broke tibia and fibia). Football players get expensive physiotherapy, and can fully recover in less than 5 weeks with pure oxygen, steroids and such

In my opinion Englands best XI is:

GK: Robinson

DR: Neville

DC: Terry

DC: Carragher

DL: A. Cole

MR: Beckham

MC: Gerrard

MC: Lampard

ML: J. Cole

FC: Rooney

ST: Owen

(Y)

Although i wouldn't have too many qualms with swapping Beckham with SWP's now and again.

Took me 9 weeks to recover from a broken ankle (broke tibia and fibia). Football players get expensive physiotherapy, and can fully recover in less than 5 weeks with pure oxygen, steroids and such

I fractured one of my metatarsols almost 2 weeks ago, and although it still hurts i've played since (45mins), and could play fully in 2 or 3 weeks weeks im sure.