MS & Nvidia will work together on the design of the next Xbox

Nvidia, Microsoft kiss and make up over Xbox II

Fantastic console, apparently

A REPORT IN A TAIWANESE financial newspaper claims today that Nvidia will work with Microsoft on the design of the next Xbox ? which, the paper adds, is likely to be demonstrated by the end of this year.

The Economic News, quoting CEO Huang Jen-hsun, said that Nvidia "will not interfere" with Microsoft procuring its chipsets ? an odd statement that we don't really quite understand.

Currently, Microsoft and Nvidia are in arbitration after a spat earlier this year threatened to curdle the cream on the cat's whiskers.

Nvidia, apparently, is still pro-Xbox and believes that the console will snaffle the market with its acceptance better after just two years than Microsoft could have dreamed.

And Nvidia is set to show off graphics technology for mobile phones and PDAs (personal digital assistants), it appears.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5555

yea seriously. game consoles are just going to turn into all-around computers anyway. that is the way it looks. it is like you buy some mainstream brand computer such as a dell 2 ghz and its new to you, and then about a half year later the 3.5 ghz come out.... and you are already "extremely" out-of-date, so to speak. it is all very pointless... why cant you enjoy console games on computer, now?

m$ is stupid to develop another system so fast, esecially since their existing one is struggling.

why one earth would you buy a console for $400 and get to use it for a year? or buy a gc or ps2 which will be supported for many years. if it came down to it i'd take the security of knowing that next year there is gonna be gc games over buying the xbox / xbox 2 cause it has pretty colors. hell i'm about ready to sell my xbox.

theyr'e losing money o every xbox sold..... they need to make a helluva lot of money salling shedloas of xbox games to cover that.

the current xbox hardware is not fully utilized... i don't think we will see this thing replaced for a few years yet; comparatively, the ps2 is already looking like a very weak choice technologically - its graphics and gameplay re poor compared to xbox.

Originally posted by SimonHi

theyr'e losing money o every xbox sold..... they need to make a helluva lot of money salling shedloas of xbox games to cover that.

the current xbox hardware is not fully utilized... i don't think we will see this thing replaced for a few years yet; comparatively, the ps2 is already looking like a very weak choice technologically - its graphics and gameplay re poor compared to xbox.

last time i checked technology didn't have much to do with gameplay.

Originally posted by Phil Gates

AAHAHA! the people who blew 400 bucks on their "cool next generation xbox" are going to have to blow another 400 bucks on the nexterer generation xbox2, after less than a year of xbox1

you sound like a 11 year old. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Phil Gates

AAHAHA! the people who blew 400 bucks on their "cool next generation xbox" are going to have to blow another 400 bucks on the nexterer generation xbox2, after less than a year of xbox1

Do you purposely try to be this ignorant? It's not in Microsoft's best interest to release a successor to XBox a year after the original. That will simply not work. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't PSX owners have to buy a $300 PS2 in order to play next-generation games? Yeah, I thought so.

Don't you think it would be fairly simple for Microsoft to make XBox's successor play XBox games? As long as it uses DVD's for its games (which is very likely), there is no reason that "XBox 2" shouldn't be able to play XBox games.