Assassins Creed (PS3) screens

I'm just going to save people the trouble of whining about the graphics.

OMG SO BAD

OMG ITS TERRIBLEEE

OMG I ONLY CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS

lately most of the screenies released for ps3 games need AA, whats going wrong?

Well you have to remember these screenshots are early. I'm sure games will imploy some form of AA but it probally won't be used till later in development (and when the PS3 hardware is truly in it's final version).

If you remember the realistic 360 screenshots (meaning the one's actually from gameplay) showed a vast amount of jaggies before AA kicked in.

The downside to the PS3 is that it doesn't have free AA (without performance loss) like the 360 does, but I'm sure the developers will make sure they leave room to reduce jaggies.

I would like to say though that these screenshots are excellent. If you add AA to these it will look incredible. The only issue is the jaggies at the moment (well that and some bland textures, but they can also work on that).

Well you have to remember these screenshots are early. I'm sure games will imploy some form of AA but it probally won't be used till later in development (and when the PS3 hardware is truly in it's final version).

If you remember the realistic 360 screenshots (meaning the one's actually from gameplay) showed a vast amount of jaggies before AA kicked in.

The downside to the PS3 is that it doesn't have free AA (without performance loss) like the 360 does, but I'm sure the developers will make sure they leave room to reduce jaggies.

I would like to say though that these screenshots are excellent. If you add AA to these it will look incredible. The only issue is the jaggies at the moment (well that and some bland textures, but they can also work on that).

Excellent reply, well said, I'll leave it at that :)

why does everyone hate comments about graphics... we are seeing a SCREENSHOT there isnt anything to comment on except the visuals. its not like you can test gameplay with a screenshot.

anyway onto my graphics comments:

AA is usually implimtented later on in most games anyway.

I must say that the textures are very muddy, look low res.

why does everyone hate comments about graphics... we are seeing a SCREENSHOT there isnt anything to comment on except the visuals. its not like you can test gameplay with a screenshot.

anyway onto my graphics comments:

AA is usually implimtented later on in most games anyway.

I must say that the textures are very muddy, look low res.

Also an excellent reply, and I, too, will leave it at that. :)

I've been wondering the same thing, too. Why post screenshots if we can't comment on them?

However, I am getting tired of every new screenshot lately being followed by "that sucks" and the like, but I'll leave it alone. :rolleyes:

I've been wondering the same thing, too. Why post screenshots if we can't comment on them?

However, I am getting tired of every new screenshot lately being followed by "that sucks" and the like, but I'll leave it alone. :rolleyes:

That is also a very good reply you made regarding this recent trend, I also, will leave it at that.

:rofl:

It's odd how you guys are complaining about the people who complain about the screenshots....

Espicially when nobody complained about it yet...

doesn't look above average =/, so because everyone is leaving it at that... I'll leave it at that ;)

i dont know about u guys but i think it looks amazing. If u can get past the "apparent AA" problems, it looks like a full blown CG movie, especially in that shot with that perspective. I think the world looks "whole" and more tangible than a lot of other games. all the people in the street look like they are made of high polys and if this is an open sandbox world like GTA and if this one scene is any indication, im sure the rest of the world is just as big ;)