Should I buy a PS2 now?

Should I buy a PS2 now?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one right NOW?

• Yes
    • No

I've been thinking about getting a PS2 since the little price drop, and the fact that its 129.95 CND(as well as USD, for once you americans get ripped off :D ) .

I didn't have a PSONE so I don't have any PS games, meaning I'd have to buy alot I guess, and a few accessories too.

Also the fact that its death it imminent is also quite discerning.

Well I guess this isn't the proper place since I'll probably get 100% YES but I dunno worth a shot, any body have any ideas?

---Comming---

GTA Liberty City Stories

God of War 2

Tourist Trophy

Okami

Hand of God

---Now---

Resident Evil 4

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence

Shadow of the Colossus

God of War

Gran Turismo 4

What's the next games comming to Xbox?

Anyone.

What's the next games comming to PS2?

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and God of War 2

You has a brain, make your decision.

I don't recommend it until the E3 Sony Press Conference is broadcast (GameSpot is broadcasting it live). Perhaps they will announce when in 2006 they will release the PS3 (or whether it will be delayed until 2007).

If they announce a date in the near future (a month or two), I would recommend waiting until the PS3 comes out. Otherwise, feel free to buy it! :)

Edit: It's supposed to be released in 2006 Nov. Go buy a PS2 unless you can stand waiting that long.

Edited by gohankid77

No. Get an Xbox and mod it.

Get a PS2 and mod it.

Shadow of the Colossus, FF7-12, Grandia II, III, San Andreas, Suikoden 5, Resident Evil 4,

Outrun 2006, Black, Ace Combat 4, 5, 6, etc etc etc.

Xflop sucks.

If you are getting it because of the low price, wait until the ps3 comes out and buy the ps2. I agree with buying an xbox and modding it though. I heard when modded it can play ps2 + xbox games fine.

I heard when modded it can play ps2 + xbox games fine.
Me thinks you heard wrong. I can't help but to say that's a load of BS, I have yet to see anything remotely to an xbox running PS2 games.

Microsoft doesn't really even support the original Xbox anymore. Remember when PS2 came out and PS1 still stood strong for like another year?

The Slimline PS2 is worth it. Ergonomic and everything. Get it. NOW.