software to boost volume on pc

Question

hi - i have the windows volume on max and the volume in itunes at max...but i want to boost the volume louder. is there any software which can help me do this? thanx!

7 answers to this question

doing so could comprimise the sound chip itself. its only meant to go so loud for a reason. some sound cards do have "volume boost" built in. look under volume control-advanced. your best bet might be to get a set of speakers with a built in volume booster.

Yea, it's actually a very simple process... I've never experienced any hardware damage and I've done this on multiple laptops.

While it may be possible to damage the speakers (I've never had this happen either), warranty should not be voided if it applies, because you can use inbuilt program settings to accomplish this task.

In Windows Media Player, simply follow the video below...

http://screencast.com/t/Sx8FHMx7PR1

In some cases, that's not going to help at all, as the audio will become inaudible, or 'crappy'... :(

iTunes has a similar feature...

In iTunes, you can boost the actual volume of quiet tracks by selecting Get Info on a track and using the Volume Adjustment slider. You can also select Window > Equalizer, select Flat and turn the "pre-amp" right up, and if necessary all the other sliders. This will add distortion on loud tracks. -Copy and Pasted from a source on 'metafilter'.

Keep in mind, results will vary... :p

And yes... I registered for the soul purpose of answering that question... o.0

Edited by BinaryBrother

I know it's been around 2 years ago since I posted my solution, but for about 3 months now my little video above has been receiving around 8000 views a month and using almost 25GB of bandwidth on my account... If anyone wants to host the above video for whatever reason then you have my expressed permission, otherwise I'm going to delete it off my account (in a few weeks) as it's eating 75% of my entire bandwidth limit on ScreenCast... lol

Glad so many found that vid useful though... :laugh:

Hi...

One more option is to setup your speakers for loadness.!!

Irrespective of your Audio player you can raise the speaker output.

The video above is useful if you are playing audio/video with Media player.

But if you want to increase your speaker output itself......follow below steps

1. Open your speaker settings...click on volume icon in startup task bar and open Mixer.

equi

2. Double click on "speakers" it will open speaker properties box

3. Go to "Enhancements" tab in speaker properties.

4. check "loudness equilization" box and apply-ok to apply the new enhancement.

Play your mp3/audio file again. You dont need to change any equar softwareslizer settings....and this works for

all softwares......windows media player/itune...whatever application software you use.

Normally setup this option whenever required....and bring back to default once you use it else it will play loud noise always!!

For Laptops when default speaker output is very low this is useful.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Vinkal

• Like 2

That's (above) the best answer to this problem i'd say. I use it sometimes but then i noticed if i installed the drivers for my sound card things sound a lil bit crisper and has a bit more loudness to it to the point i don't need to do loudness equalization. :)

I know this thread is old but it comes in Google search on top while I was searching for software that can increase volume and now I have finally found it , I want others to know about it as well. Its called Digital Power Station by Bongiovi. Once opened choose "built in" or "speaker" option to boost sound to great levels.