If You're Going to Say Sony Stole the Controller..

Did you know that you didn't post a source and that the Dreamcast isn't even a cube? And that based on your past comments in this thread you don't deserve to be believed?

Firstly I read that years ago back in 2001. I guess at the time they were choosing names the Dreamcast design wasn't final.

Secondly, what the hell is wrong with my past comments in this thread? All I said was that Sony probably started planning this soon after Nintendo revealed their remote and not just 2 weeks ago. You angry fanboy you. :whistle:

Firstly I read that years ago back in 2001. I guess at the time they were choosing names the Dreamcast design wasn't final.

Secondly, what the hell is wrong with my past comments in this thread? All I said was that Sony probably started planning this soon after Nintendo revealed their remote and not just 2 weeks ago. You angry fanboy you. :whistle:

Sony admitted it was only being worked on in the past few weeks. They probably weren't even sure they were going to change their controller until about a month ago.

Sony admitted it was only being worked on in the past few weeks. They probably weren't even sure they were going to change their controller until about a month ago.

Doubt that. I think they started reconsidering the idea when everyone began to point and laugh at it. I mean, it was bad enough having a friend of mine tell me how he used the PS2 controller for some bedroom fun(dual shock anyone?) with his girlfriend. Imagine the boomerang. :pinch:

Here's your friggin proof that it was just recently added: http://sickr.wordpress.com/2006/05/11/sony...he-last-minute/

I would like to point out - If you're going to blame them for copying someone, they copied Nintendo, not MS/Logitech. It's as simple as this: You know d*mn well that if Nintendo didn't have their fancy controller, Sony wouldn't have tilt in theirs; MS's tilt controller has nothing to do with it.

-Spenser

This thread is about as retarded as it gets.

Cars have tires, doors, engines, steering wheels, seats, lights, etc, but they're not the same. True many cars may look like one another, but in reality, they're different. The same goes with the controllers.

NES - Pointy corners jammed in hand. Ouch.

SNES - Fun, but not very comfortable(IMO. Hand got tired lol)

Sega - Had a nice bend to it unlike the SNES, though a bit odd still.

PlayStation - Alright.

PlayStation w/ Dual Shock - THERE we go.

PS2 - Same as above.

DreamCast - Awesome.

GameCube - Weird but mostly comfortable.

Xbox - Need 2 people to use 1 controller(holy crap it was big)

Xbox v2 - A LOT better.

360 - Revamped v2 controller. Beautiful.

Boomerang - what?

In the end, no one cares what came from where. Regardless of what anyone says, they're different. We just want a comfortable controller. Or at least I do.

Oh, and I have one of those Microsoft joypads too. Honestly, feels more like Xbox than PlayStation. Don't know what you guys are smoking. :rofl:

Here's your friggin proof that it was just recently added: http://sickr.wordpress.com/2006/05/11/sony...he-last-minute/

I would like to point out - If you're going to blame them for copying someone, they copied Nintendo, not MS/Logitech. It's as simple as this: You know d*mn well that if Nintendo didn't have their fancy controller, Sony wouldn't have tilt in theirs; MS's tilt controller has nothing to do with it.

-Spenser

It's called competition. Without it, there'd be no innovation. Dur. :whistle:

the problem with motion sensor tech is even bigger if your an astronaut, or if you like to lay on your back to play games... what if you glued your chair to the wall? developers don't think I guess. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about from concept to final prototype. The WarHawk team had the controller for about 3 weeks now. Before that, Sony would have been considering the final design of the controller and also what they could do to compete with Nintendo. So they would have had a few ideas, trying not to step on any Nintendo patents and working on how they could implement it into the controller. They would of had to do some research into making sure the same thing that happened with the rumble didn't happen with this. So then they would have drawn up some diagrams and such and get it ready for a prototype. Once they got their hands on the tilt sensors they would have integrated into their controllers and done a few tests. And only then they would have handed it to the WarHawk team. I would say that would take more than a week.

Yes. People forget how much Nintendo has given us

• Light guns
  • Dance mats
  • Joysticks
  • Rumble
  • Shoulder buttons
  • Gyroscope technology implemented into games
  • (if the rumors are true) Accellorometer technology implemented into games
  • Mario!!!

And I'm not a Nintendo fanboy.

Nintendos controler does have a Accellorometer in it to detect speed . it is used in some of the Wii demos we saw ther on the E3 floor and is sued in maddon 07 for the Wii

Uhm I think the PS3 is meant to play with .... not bitch about.

Be happy that they made this motion sensing controller, it enables the console for a different type of game.

So how would you explain the lack of vibration support in their controllers? Hmm...

I remember when sony got sued the suers wanted sony not to sell the PS2 anymore with dual shock... and it was all about the vibration. So I think it's pretty obvious why sony didn't include it this time

Uhm I think the PS3 is meant to play with .... not bitch about.

Be happy that they made this motion sensing controller, it enables the console for a different type of game.

And why would we want to be happy that they made a Tilting controler when we had no clue it was comming and at how sucky it seems to be and at a poorly interated attemt at it.

Nintendo spent 2 years or more on devlepment ideas for the Wii and what they did was great, Nintendo took simuler ideas from other companies that in the past attempted basic motion functions and improved upon them ideas and Made somthing that really works. In the past other companies Faild to delieaver the exsperiance Nintendo has laid out but at the same time Nintendo is breaking New ground on gameing with an original idea, now why do i say original ? Beacause they made Work what others couldant get right ther for i feel it is original.

Edited by notuptome2004

And why would we want to be happy that they made a Tilting controler when we had no clue it was comming and at how sucky it seems to be and at a poorly interated attemt at it.

Nintendo spent 2 years or more on devlepment ideas for the Wii and what they did was great, Nintendo took simuler ideas from other companies that in the past attempted basic motion functions and improved upon them idead and Made somthing that really works. In the past otehr companies Faild to delieaver the exsperiance Nintendo has laid out but at the same time Nintendo is breaking New ground on gameing.

Hey you don't have to buy a PS3....

Hey you don't have to buy a PS3....

i know that. but it was more for otehr users who might. Oh i dont know who all seen the interview on IGN with the playstation 3 s Phil Harrison but in the interview he made a statement

Phil Harrison: and thats what this E3 is about showing games and showing them 6 months before we launch the playstation 3 is an incredible and noone has done that before .

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/708/708353/vids_1.html

Could ya say Xbox 360 did that Microsoft showed playable fully playable games at E3 05 evan if on alpha hardware

Can't we all just play games?

Dude, didn't you know this forum is all about e-penis. My console is 8% faster in giggitygobblityflops than yours, my e-penis is huge compared to your. I win. :|