Halo 3 announced

It's sad that the earth is a barren dry place now. Oh well. I wonder if that african colony still exists. And it would be so 'ffing awesome if some more spartans were injected into the game, as part of a massive land battle :p

It's not ingame, it's rendered realtime. Though it still is friggin hot!

I almost had a heart attack when I saw this topic on the frontpage. I immediately surfed to Bungie.net to download the trailer.

Same here! I nearly spit out my drink when I saw this on the front page..

I just dled and watched it. How satisfying. :D

Spoilers ya right a spoiler would be like we end up not saving the earth... Which we all know wont happen.

You sure about that? :o :shifty: :whistle:

Shes a universe away. Heh.

nope... she used to be the most advanced AI of the UNSC Forces. :yes:

anyways, you can expect Halo 3 to arrive about the same time Halo the movie hits the silver screen next year

and trust me if you were waiting to see more than one SPARTAN on screen you?re in for a nice surprise?[/spoiler:pacifier:i:drool:oo:drool:ool:

can someone point out where bungie says this is that last of tthe halo series?

I don't have any specific article to reference myself but.. I think this is pretty much the end of a trilogy. Whether or not we get future games in the Halo universe I dunno. But I think it's safe to say that Halo 3 will be the last game of Halo as we've come to know it.

anyways, you can expect Halo 3 to arrive about the same time Halo the movie hits the silver screen next year

and trust me if you were waiting to see more than one SPARTAN on screen you?re in for a nice surprise?[/spoiler:pacifier:i:drool:oo:drool:ool:

"Cortana and the Chief being a galaxy apart is a situation we haven't seen before"

CJ Cowan, Bungie's director of cinematics discussed one of the most startling moments in the piece, the return of Cortana, "Given the variety of character and story arcs at the end of Halo 2, we wanted to boil down our announcement to a few key threads. Cortana and the Chief being a galaxy apart is a situation we haven't seen before, and is something that is a powerful component to Halo 3. We are using her transmissions in the demo to give the viewer a few subtle clues to her situation and state of mind, without revealing any specifics we want to save for the game itself."

I guess I interpreted that too literally? Galaxy apart as in her speech context w/ the Master Chief then.

Her inclination in this teaser seems to be that of a disconnected type...whatever

Edited by Alpha2004

What two spartans in Halo 3 ?? Or the movie ?? QUIT TEASING. I bet its an evil red spartan.

I guess I interpreted that too literally? Galaxy apart as in her speech context w/ the Master Chief then.

hehehe... yeah, but what's a universe anyways? :laugh: :rofl: :p

I know this sounds Ironic. Anyone got Halo 3 (Or ANY trailers including MGS4 For that matter) encoded in PSP?

LOL I said it was ironic, but PSP is Awesome though :p

From the download page....on XBL, i noticed a reference.

With its defensive forces all but obliterated, Earth has fallen to the unstoppable might of the Covenant. These alien occupiers have discovered something beneath the ancient African sands- something incredible....something Forerunner.

so what does that mean exactly? new technology? or was it that huge thing in the video?

Man i cannot wait! I thought Halo2 was awesome! I mean it was shorter than expected, but it's by far the funnest game i've played single player or multiplayer.. and i've got a 360 with several games.. that's how highly i think of halo2.. I just hope halo3 will be quite a bit longer and have a lot of awesome extras and stuff... since it's the last of the Halo trilogy as we see it.. it hopefully will go out in style..

Here's a few mirrors for y'all:

WMV

MOV

so what does that mean exactly? new technology? or was it that huge thing in the video?

The Ark.

The forerunner is an ancient culture/race that is pivotal to the Halo history, more about the forerunners will be revealed in the movie and the remaining part in the game. If you don?t watch the movie you?ll get the ending of Halo but if you do you?ll get a much deeper experience and many details will make sense then? for now you?ll have to wait :devil:? :devil: muhahahaha!!!

When you mention forerunner/ancient, I keep thinking of the ancients in freespace 2. All these ancient civs leaving behind technologically superior superpowered weapons/defense systems is starting to get annoying. Its far from a new and fresh concept. Whats ironic is that its (ancient culture) prevalent in many good games