Liverpool conquer FA Cup

After a fantastic game, Liverpool FC have won the FA cup for the seventh time.

A few hairy moments, a brilliant match with the correct outcome.

:D :D :D

cue Martyn........

Edited by L3thal

:D

Was an amazing match, and a fitting end to our season. We won the first FA Cup Final match at the Millenium Stadium and we have now won the last FA Cup Final at the Millenium Stadium. Hopefully we can repeat that feat at the new Wembley and win the first FA Cup Final there.

West Ham must get a lot of credit though for the way they played, they more than matched us on the day and although it was very even they were probably the better team, we had the better player though in Steven Gerrard. Word's cannot describe his goals for Liverpool, his passion for the club, his ability, he is probably one of the best players to ever grace Anfield's turf second only to Kenny Daglish. Brings back so many memory's of the magical Istanbul.

I'm still in shock after that great game :o

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Was a great game. Liverpool starting downhill by scoring an own goal early on. Pulling it back to 2-2. Then Konchesky's amazing goal followed by a belter from Stevie Gerrard!

Reina made some wonderful penalty saves.

WELL DONE LIVERPOOL!

Reina was pretty poor during the match bar a couple of crucial saves. He admitted that, but in the shoot-out he was awesome, especially the first and third ones. Really good even match, neither side really deserved to lose like that...

about half of the players were injured on had cramp at full time

Congratulation to Liverpool, but a very unlucky West Ham side. Credit to them for not being overpowered by the favourites and they more than matched Liverpool and if not for some sheer brilliance from what was a 1 man Liverpool side for quite a while, the result may have been totally the opposite!

We showed today that we sure can live up to the big boys! From being favourites for instant relagation to almost toppling a European Giant like Liverpool in the FA Cup Final.

Bring on the UEFA Cup!

Come on West Ham!

Congratulation to Liverpool, but a very unlucky West Ham side. Credit to them for not being overpowered by the favourites and they more than matched Liverpool and if not for some sheer brilliance from what was a 1 man Liverpool side for quite a while, the result may have been totally the opposite!

We showed today that we sure can live up to the big boys! From being favourites for instant relagation to almost toppling a European Giant like Liverpool in the FA Cup Final.

Bring on the UEFA Cup!

Come on West Ham!

Couldn't of said it better myself. Bring on the UEFA Cup!! :D

Great game, nail biting stuff. Just got home, knackered but buzzin' off the atmosphere there.

I don't usually watch football but i watched this and it was a really good match although i wanted West Ham to win. Partly because they were underdogs and also because i used to live in Upton Park.

"Gerrard does the hard work so you don't have to" :p

Nah, it was a brilliant game to watch (Better than last years! ;)). Brilliant goals and a widely entertaining match to watch.

(Psst, that was a peach of a volley in the 90th min)

did u see gerrads goal *drools*....so pro ...its was good game

/me high fives martyn

Ohhhh dont get me started on that goal :p!

One of the best goals I have seen for a long time, the situation was brilliant as well, the 91st minute of an FA Cup Final to take it into extra time, when he had cramp! The way he struck it was amazing, he hit it so low, with pace, with a bend and it never even touched the floor! It just whistled into the back of the net.

Love it!

EDIT: Here is a link http://rapidshare.de/files/20372556/Gerrar...d_Goal.mp4.html :D

Edited by Martyn

I just went to the parade it was awesome! I went down Queen's drive. I got some pictures but I could not get that many as that bus did not hang around!

dsc002975fh.th.jpg

Did anyone else go?

I was shocked to see hammers score first, that too 2 goals, (though the first one was a gift) But the moment Cisse scored, i knew that The Reds will come back. And a 3-3 result does some justice to West Ham's good season. Although coming so far and then loosing it is a bit of a disappointment, but still a 3-3 result against the former European Champions ain't that bad.