$85 for SummerLand logo! - Only 5 days!

Question

Ok my mate's Dad wants a logo and he came to me recently. So far I have done two and I think they are good but personally I want something better and so does he.

I will pay $85 to the winning design - Via Paypal. However if I feel none of the designs "Better" my own one then I reserve the right no to choose any.

In this case, feel free to put the SAMPLE writing over your logo. One thing, you only have until May 20th - so 5 days. Sorry for the short thing.

Ok and about the company and what I want the logo to show.

It's is for a marketplace that will be held during this summer called "Summerland". Products spectrum in the marketplace is broad; anything from barbeques, hot tubs, tents, sleeping bags, all kinds of outdoor equipment, tableware, summer books, cd's ... almost anything you can link with regard to summer.

I want something that is looking for is a fresh, lively logo that gives the customer a sense of summer feel and fun, good price but with class.

The logo will be used mostly in ad's and on t-shirts for staff members.

The color I like the most right now is green backgound and yellow text, but I am open to all suggestions.

My logo's are these two -

summerland6go.gif

summerland37iz.gif

Think you can make something better? - IF you can, and I also think it is better I will pay $85 for the logo! - As I mentioned before, if I don't think it is better I will not choose one so put your SAMPLE lettering whatever over your logo.

Deadline : May 20th

Edited by van_wilder

Cool - Your stuff is good too -

Basically if you think you can do somethig better than the two I did - I'm interested. I f you can't top that one, don't bother...but I know there are some quality guys here like the two above for sure and also Zigga

Question - because this will be mostly used in ads and t-shirts, should we limit the amount of colors we use? Also, (if this is a concern), should we stick to flat graphics (ie - no gradients)?

Is 72dpi ok? or should it be 300?

Thanks.

Your artwork must be in Vector format - like I said the colour I am most digging is green and yellow but I am open to all suggestions, as long as it kicks ass and is GOOD!

Feel free man, it's your baby!

Considering it may be printed onto Tshirts go for 300 but 72 is ok too - Upto you man

ONLY THE BEST AND HIGH QUALITY ENTRIES PLEASE! I know there are some capable of some real slick stuff here

Thnx for the entry Cyba. I can't say to you know anything because I still havn't met the other person so we havn't reached an agreement. I also made a few more in my spare time but I must admit that your one is definetely better than the original - I will let you know later today hopefully what we think.

Something I came up with -

sumarland037hi.jpg

wow talking about a curve ball :rofl:

anyways, thats y I like it, something i would do.

(Y)

X@vier

Very nice - I think everyone who has submitted so far has topped the original so that is def. good - def. what we needed

If I am to say one quick crit. of any entry on my own, before I speak with my mate it is that M.Naqi, yours is good but is the weakest out of all submitted so far and I think that is mainly down to the font style you have going on.

The others are great and I like them all as each other so I am going to have to talk with my friend and see what we decide on - keep on submitting though

^ Can you give me the font you used? it looks good.

P.S I don't know why it looks the weakest to you, it is the most detailed and jazziest one out of all submitted designs IMHO :unsure: can you give a detailed critique?

All great stuff but can we something on the lines of something like this - this is something we are after though it is a little suttle.

sumar.jpg

By the way, we are running this thing in Iceland - So SUMARLAND is the Icelandic for Summerland so in the next few, could you try SUMARLAND instead of Summer.

Also I don't want it too tropical - like don't want palm tree's and stuff, we don't get them in Iceland. I should've stated that before.

Let me say, Less beach, sun, mountain, trees and more focus on making the text ?Sumarland? (Icelandic version) get the attention!!!

And also I think that in most cases these elements should be used as a spice the typography for decorative purposes and give the corporate image an added impact. Also don?t hesitate to show me different color options. The backround color has not been decided for the ads, but it is not very likely it will be white.

Great work though guys and I look forward to seeing if you can come up with something new -

Sorry being a pain but this is a real important project for us and we think it has huge potential but both of us are "APPEARANCE" freaks for our brand. We want it to be perfect.