Snapperhead users...

After snapperhead takes a pic and sends the picture, it takes up a huge amount of resources. 40-60% of the cpu. Course before anyone has accessed SH, everything is fine.

Was wondering if anyone else using snapperhead has seen this? Watch the Terminal with the top command running when snapperhead is accessed.

EDIT: With every subsequent pic taken, the cpu% goes up. Running around 70-90 after 4 pics taken

You could make a shell script that takes a screenshot and uploads it to your host if you're comfortable with the whole UNIX envoironment. Then you could add that to crontab and have it run as often as you like. Would probably take up less resources than Snapperhead, anyway :)

Originally posted by cerbero

You could make a shell script that takes a screenshot and uploads it to your host if you're comfortable with the whole UNIX envoironment. Then you could add that to crontab and have it run as often as you like. Would probably take up less resources than Snapperhead, anyway :)

yea, but all you have to do to get snapperhead working is open it and it says your ip and you're ready

Originally posted by stuckwithme247

yea, but all you have to do to get snapperhead working is open it and it says your ip and you're ready

Yeah, I know, but since people were complaining about performance issues I made the shell script suggestion.

I sent an email off to the Snapperhead creator. He said that he has never seen this problem occur. And if he ever does, he will try to get a fix for it. So from the looks of people posting on this thread, it happens to some and not to others.