Buying an HDTV.

Hey all!

Since I'm a huge fan of soccer, I just can't watch the World Cup on my 27" tv, lol. So, I decided to go for something big.. However, I'm in a very tight budget and can't go for anything over $1000. At Circuit City I saw this nice (projection) 51" Hitachi tv for $1000. So I'm calling Neowinians for help, is this tv decent? Can I get something better with this budget(has to be at least 50", projection might be the only way to go, right?")

Here's the link:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Hitachi-51-...roductDetail.do

It has 1080i resolution, HDMI input. Not sure what these are but I guess they are good, right? LOL :blush:

Also I don't want to buy it over the Internet since shipping is way too expensive and I prefer picking one up myself.

Thanks for the help!

PS. Don't know if that's the right section of the forum for me to post this. Mods please move it if there's a better place for it.

Edited by PharosBR

CRT rear projection TVs are "old school", and I don't feel they measure up when it comes to video quality. The best bang for the buck is the 42" LCD rear projection from Sony. It's as little as $1600 at retail.

CRT rear projection TVs are "old school", and I don't feel they measure up when it comes to video quality. The best bang for the buck is the 42" LCD rear projection from Sony. It's as little as $1600 at retail.

DLP > LCD