Final Fantasy XIII Japanese magazine scans

Never been so excited for a FF title since FFX - which was a disappointment for me -! I'm really looking forward for this one.

I took my time looking at this picture and it looks like the boy and the girl are opposites, like ying and yang. The girl represents Light - refer to the pic where she's sitted in some kind of sofa: notice that her clothes are colourful and her surroundings are bright - , and the boy represents Darkness - refer to the pic where he's sitted at some kind of throne: his clothes and the surroundings are dark.

The title justifies this as well: Cristallis makes us remember crystal, which is shiny and reminds us the idea of purity, of light. Maybe the Versus part of the other game is a contradition itself: it's versus something. Maybe Darkness versus Light?

Just an interpretation, by the way.

final fantasy kinda lost it's appeal for me when it started to include all the "technology" stuff, the only one that i didnt mind it was FFVI (because it wasn't over played), but then with FFVII the whole technology thing was taken too far and it went away from its roots (FFI to FFV)

We are just barely gettin FFXII which looks beautiful and this one, OMG.. doesnt look to be any less. Look at some of the in game mid-combat screetshots, tey look beautiful, thats the FMV quality of the PS2 games. Man...

Just wow..

My only complaint is that it looks like its not gonna have more than 1 person in a party... which could wind up being lame..

but there is alot of time between now and then.

We are just barely gettin FFXII which looks beautiful and this one, OMG.. doesnt look to be any less. Look at some of the in game mid-combat screetshots, tey look beautiful, thats the FMV quality of the PS2 games. Man...

Just wow..

My only complaint is that it looks like its not gonna have more than 1 person in a party... which could wind up being lame..

but there is alot of time between now and then.

Its going to be more than 1 perso:):). Check the interview - http://www.ffextreme.com/item-562.html- Will there be a party of characters in the game?

Toriyama: Yes. There are times where it is only one person, but there will also be a party formed. In party battles, party members will be able to chain combination actions as well and battle environments will be used in full.i>

Here are more info about FFXIII:D:D

Advent Children Inspires FF13, Square Enix aims to make CG battles a reality; plans 2007 playable debut - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/711/711488p1.html

FFXIII Interview: Nomura, Kitase, Hashimoto and Toriyama - http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151333

It looks good but from what I have heard there is NO way to skip the cut scenes and some of them are loooooooong.

Oh wait that was FFXII.

Jesus, there are too many FF games....it's starting to get confusing.

Edited by ahhell

It looks good but from what I have heard there is NO way to skip the cut scenes and some of them are loooooooong.

In a Final Fantasy game, chances are you won't *want* to skip them :cool:

Final Fantasy XIII is reason enough for me to buy a Playstation 3 :)

Agreed. But of couse a lot more reasons :). I'm a true FF fan. I wonder where I got my username from...

In a Final Fantasy game, chances are you won't *want* to skip them :cool:

Sure they look good but have you ever died right after a 10+min cut scene then have to repeat the whole thing?

That is not what I call fun.

Sure they look good but have you ever died right after a 10+min cut scene then have to repeat the whole thing?

That is not what I call fun.

You can skip cutscenes in the more recent ones.

lol all these people gonna spend 700 for ps3 to find the game dont look like this other then cinematics

I play games because of their gameplay, not because of their graphics. So if the game has the best gameplay ever, I would gladly spend a grand to play it.

Just a matter of tastes.

lol all these people gonna spend 700 for ps3 to find the game dont look like this other then cinematics

You haven't read anything right?. Not everything is cinematics, they are FMV and real time. If you have seen the trailer the battle and when she is walking in the forest are not FMV.