Logo Request

Question

Hi all.

I'm building a new site, aimed at code requests - think NeoRequest, for code, and I need a logo for it. You might have seen my last attempts at logos for other people...and they were naff =P

Anyway, I'm offering $30 to whoever makes the nicest looking logo.

Specifications

Dimensions: 300x100 px

Colours: The site is going to be whites/light greys with blue highlights, so that sort of colour scheme please.

Must be nice and instantly recognisable.

Text: "Code This", "Code This.net", "Code-This", etc. - the site is code-this.net, so must fit in with that (Not much there yet, I said building =P)

Needs to look slick and modern...clean, that's a better word. That kind of thing.

Ideally, not a button background, just something which can go on the site and look neat and tidy.

If you can think of a good little sort of logo to put with it, that would be great, but if you can get just the text looking sweet, that would also be good.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post.

Many thanks to everyone who enters.

Joe

Edit: If you can also include a favicon, that'd be great =) Not required though.

Edits:

Thought: Try to include some reference to coding in it please. bob had a good one, with C#, but for example in PHP, variables are denoted by a $, maybe use $Code-This.net or something. Iunno.

Tagline might be nice if there is space to make it readable, and look nice, though it's not a requirement. If you can think up something snappy related to code requests, I'll comment on it. Overnight, I'll try and think of one or two myself.

I'm just using Jhae's logo temporarily while I'm building the site, got his permission, and I haven't chosen a winner yet, so don't worry =)

Edited by JoeC

Cyba - LOVING the logo! Not sure about the text though, looks very aliased, and the "D" is dodgy. Also, could you put it to the right of the logo, or seperate (whichever works best), and put a 300x100 border round it so I can compare size? Thanks.

Done:

codethis2.jpg

About the first font: It doesn't appear aliased to me, weird. But anyway, I think the D looks fabulous in that font, different and catchy. But then again that's just me :)

Heres a few very quick ideas ive just come up with

Let me know if you are interested in any, and ill change colours/layouts/shapes accordingly

code1.gif

code2.gif

code3.gif

code4.gif

Gawd...how am I going to pick a winner? :(

Cyba - Definitely an improvement, and I prefer the second font to the other two, I think. Also, slightly prefer that colour scheme to the one further down the page. Not really sure how you could improve it heh.

Veg - Nice! Very different, although makes it look a bit like a hardware place rather than a coding place, I think. Props for pulling it off, and I think it looks absolutely fantastic, but not for this particular one, I think. Sorry.

jrow - Sorry, there's nothing that grabs my attention in those, particularly. The arrow is a nice idea, but I'm not sure how you could modify it to make it look like something I'd use.

ircoo - Sorry, a bit too simply I think, and not as visually appealing as some of the things being posted. I like the code syntax used, but I don't think it works too well with the text.

I'd like to say once again how great some of this stuff is. I really can't believe the quality that I'm having to say "No thanks" to. Whoever I pick, I want to thank everyone who's posted for putting some time in, and having a go. You guys are great =)

Veg - Nice! Very different, although makes it look a bit like a hardware place rather than a coding place, I think. Props for pulling it off, and I think it looks absolutely fantastic, but not for this particular one, I think. Sorry.

aww :( ok maybe i can find a hardwar store n sell to them :rofl:

Can you hold off from making a decision for a few more days? Got no time at the moment, but I can improve greatly on my design if you give me time. ;)

Pox, could you post the star design at 300x100ish dimensions please, so I can see what it would look like actual size? It looks nice, but I'm not sure it would scale too well. Thanks =)

OK, they're hawt.

I think this has gone on enough for $30. I'm going to review the logos, and choose one. Damn, this is gonna be hard. Posting a verdict soon. Or not so soon. Whenever I can make a choice :p

And again, another thanks to everyone who has entered, and I really appreciate you taking the time.

Lastly - Damn, Veg. That is really a hawt logo. I wish I could use it, but I can't unfortunately =/

Shortlist:

bobp

Banner: post-108441-1148171913.png

Logo: post-108441-1148172178.png

Jhaedee

codethis56hq.gif

cybadelic

codethis2.jpg

Second one.

Pox

post-101488-1148505088.png

Top one.

I'm going to go with cybadelic's design. I really like on how the "C" is portrayed and after your company gains some popularity it can be easily recognized with the "C" without the words.

Well, I've decided, and DAMN it was hard. In the end, I went for the logo I felt had to most uniqueness to it, and will hopefully make the site stand out, and easy-to-remember from the logo alone.

And without further ado, the winner is...

(Long, dramatic pause)

Cybadelic!

Thanks alot man, I really love the design. Pox, I did like the spiky C but I think it's just a tad too hard to recreate very easily. Jhae, I really liked yours, and it was top notch, but I couldn't help but for the cyba's as it's a bit more unique. bob, that's still a nice line of text, and I had to think for ten minutes solid before dismissing it =/ Great job though, man.

Thanks to EVERYONE who entered at any point, or gave feedback anywhere. Cyba, I'm PMing you now with a couple of small tweaks if you could make them, just to finalise it.

Many thanks all

Joe