DVDO iScan

I was watching a movie today on my Samsung HD850, and I realized that the picture quality was actually better. I set the output to 576p, and it looked fine, like most tv shows coming over digital terrestrial. Then set it to 720p/1080i and saw a HUGE difference.

I got an HD satellite receiver (DVB-S/DVB-S2/MPEG-4 and all the nice stuff) but the quality of SD shows has got me dissapointed. (It's a humax, by the way). HD channels (demo channels mostly, here in Europe HD is just taking off) look WOW.

Now I wonder why my receiver doesnt upscale things like my DVD? In fact, setting the receiver output to 576p looks better than 720p/1080i (on sd channels, all over HDMI). I was expecting something better. I wonder if the Pace DS810 does any better job at upscaling SD shows.

Anyway, I've been googling about stand-alone upsamplers and found this beauty

http://www.dvdo.com/pro/pro_isvp30_spec.php

It even has 4 HDMI inputs! Bad thing is it doesnt have a scart input, and for its price I could buy a huge lcd tv.

Does anybody here has ever seen one of these video processors in action? Beceuse if they are that expensive it must be some "in-extremis" upsampling!

If I lived in the US and had many HD channels I wouldn't even bother. Consumers here are happy thinking that their brand new HD ready TVs are the next best thing to watch the worldcup. Most people don't even care about digital terrestrial (and it is a huge step from analog, in quality terms!), so I guess they'll still be happy for a few years.

So I'm stuck with crap SD shows, lol.