Upgrading i-Mac

I build PC's so hard is it to upgrade an i-Mac.

I want to add some ram to it. Anybody have any pictures on how to do it, (Like how to take the i-Mac apart) I don't want to break anything :)

Thanks

Upgrading the RAM is the only thing that you can upgrade on an iMac. It's really easy to do...

However, it would be difficult to post pictures here about how to upgrade your RAM because the method varies from one iMac model to another.

Even on the older iMac models the outward shape of the computer remained the same, however they are all different on the inside and requre different means to add more RAM.

Go to this site: Apple- CIP . This site will give you complete instructions on how to upgrade the Ram in your computer for all models of apple computers. It even has video's on how to do this...

If you arn't sure about what model of iMac you have.... take a look at this nifty Kbase document #58669 . This link will tell you how to tell what model of iMac you have. This link does not apply to you if you have a new Flat Panel. Since there are only two different flat panel iMacs that look very different from eachother, I will assume that you know it if you have one.

If you are uncomfortable doing this procedure to your computer, take it in for service, there may be a charge, but the memory will be installed.

Getting new RAM does not entitle you to free tech support, if your telephone support period has expired and you call in for instruction on how to install RAM, you won't get any help... Trust me, the resources on the web site can't get any clearer. Ya got video on how to do it man!!!! If you can't figure it out from the video, don't call Apple tech support, how are thier words going to be better than a video???? Take the thing in for service if you can't do it.

I hope that helps