1st PS3's off the line to head to Europe

MCV interviewed the SCEE president today, in the interview he mentions that the first PS3's off of the production will be PAL units for europe. This is a first! Normally europe gets treated as a poor 3rd relation by Sony!

Copied and pasted from mcvuk.com....

As retail bites its nails over hardware allocation, SCEE president and CEO David Reeves has revealed that the first PS3s off the production line will be PAL units.

In an exclusive interview with MCV, the Euro boss moved to reassure the industry of SCE?s newfound commitment to Europe ? but admitted that some European territories may only be allocated ?small seed? numbers of the console for day one.

?I hope we will be day and date with US and I hope that we?ll get the same quantities as US as well,? said Reeves. ?I don't think we?ll be disadvantaged. In fact I believe the first PS3s being manufactured are being made for Europe ? which is a first."

?Between November 17th and December 31st we'll hope to put them in as many European territories as we can, even if we have to place small seed quantities on day one."

And Reeves also responded to the recent discussions across the market over the console?s ?425 price tag:

?When Blu-Ray players come out in Europe they are probably going to be between ?900 and ?1,000. So ?599 for a Blu-Ray player ? which is what a PS3 is ? and a games machines with lots of good titles coming out as well is actually a steal. And the ?499 unit, because that will also play Blu-Ray, is even better value.?lay Blu-Ray, is even better value.?

Link:

http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=1059

:woot: Fantastic news if true!

Please let France or some other mainland European country have the "small seed" - the UK needs more than the measly 75,000 units Microsoft supplied.

Screw the EU, the US should be their main concern.

:p

LOL :laugh:

Screw the EU, US. My house should be their main concern :whistle: :devil: :p