xbox system link through router

hey, do any of you guys know how to get an xbox system link to work through a router? i'm trying to play halo over a campus network. the router is my own - i wanted to connect my pc/laptop/xbox to the same port without crawling through gobs of cable to unhook/rehook the ethernet to the one i wanted. i'm not trying to run xbconnect or gamespy, etc. (actually that works fine) - just to link to my friend across the hall. it works fine without the router btw. also xbox doesn't appear to use tcp/ip stuff so no ip shows up for it in my router config, and port forwarding/dmz hosting isn't really helping anything. if anyone knows anything i'd appreciate the help :D

well it works for me... i have a router (4-port) i put my pc/xbox/laptop in it at the same time and i own all u on halo!! but if u have a 2 port router... get a hub and use the uplink on router to the hub and boom u got 5 ports :)

not sure what you mean pc's pick ip's, but - i've tried both dchp and static ip's and neither works - also i dont think it matters because the xbox is not "picking up" an ip either way - i read somewhere that it uses "lan broadcasting" (?) - not sure what that is but i think the router may be blocking it if thats the case and i can't find a setting to disable - its all tcp/ip stuff :(

dont use a router, use a hub. there is no point to the router being used, and it is just confusing things and making them not work...like the man said before...ethernet cable to the uplink of the hub, then out to both the xbox and the computer. if you have to register your NIC's at your campus before you get access, then find the XBOX MAC address and do so.

so don't use the uplink port on your router man use the switch. I'll have the same issues next year when I have to add wireless to my dorm room I'm gonna have to bridge the networks

um, i wasn't using the uplink in the first place - i added wireless to my room too (through a pci card), and just used ics, this was easy enough to me but what does it have to do with the xbox prob?