ATI TV Wonder VE

I have an ATI TV Wonder VE but when i try to use the MMC 7.1 TVWonder from www.ati.com it says "The TV player failed to initialize video. Ensure the correct video drivers have been installed." On the ATI website it said that it would work with XP. I got the Direct X 8.0a Video Capture drivers but when i tried to install it said that it wasn't compatible with XP. Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I also have a video card problem that with both installed crashes xp. It did work for a day though under xp. you have to install the win 2000 drivers for the tv card from ati then reboot it will look for a "WDM" driver on the xp cd and install then you have to install the xp drivers it should then work. you don`t need the video capture drivers because xp cd has Direct x 8.1 included which will install the video capture drivers. If you still have a problem contact ATI they pointed me to video and tv card problems. I have yet to upgrade the video card to get it to work correctly though.