Which lcd tv?

Right, i've finally persuaded my dad to buy an lcd tv. We want to get a 37/40 inch one, and I has to be 720p or higher for about a ?1000.

I have spent a few days looking around properly and I have not found many amazing deals. I have two that I am looking at tonight and I think I will buy one of them (unless you people tell me not to)

Here are the two:

Erae

http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=754355

Toshiba

http://www.pricerunner.be-direct.co.uk/sho...&pid=TOS-37WL56

now, I would buy the Erae, as its bigger and I stumbled across a bad review for the Toshiba claiming that its hdmi port isn?t great and its TV is very very grainy. The only problem is that I have read NOTHING about the erae. And I dnt want to spend loads of money on the erae if its just ****?

I was wondering if anyone could advise me if it?s a good make of tv, Or whether to just stick with good ol? Toshiba.

Im not too good at looking around and stuff, so both of these might be completely bollocks, if that?s the case and someone knows where I can get a 37 or 40 inch lcd tv that has 720p (pref with stand) please let me know.

Thank you.

I'd stick with the Toshiba. While I don't have experience with that exact model, it looks like the same units used in the US last year and they were fine. Now, I'm not saying the picture is breath taking on them, but it's a good picture nonetheless.

are there any other better products out there for about the same price?

Samsung and Sharp sets usually price closely to the Toshiba ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Sony TVs quality is very good, but you sure as hell pay for it. If you want something cheaper, I'd say Samsung or Philips - Philips reviews are pretty mixed, but I've never had a problem with a Philips product.

Not sure about price, but check the Sony Bravia? I personally like Sony's picture quality (don't ask why).

The Sony Bravia line of LCD's is excellent. I have the 42' one in my main living room.

The Sony Bravia line of LCD's is excellent. I have the 42' one in my main living room.

you mean 40", right? They don't make a 42" bravia.

That's why I'd go with a Samsung. The Sony is nice, but at $3500 US, it's hard to justify unless you really have extra money to spend.

Yeah Samsungs make great TVs at a reasonable price.

You should get a 1080i TV for your budget.

1080i would mean he would have to be looking at a CRT.