Hotmail?

well i havent visited my hotmail in a while and when i turned it on i noticed i had a few new emails, heres a pic

Beat%20That.jpg

well i know i dont like junkmail but this is ridiculous and the funny part is that they just keep sending me account size crutial emails but wont shut my account down.

:ninja:

Well there is one problem i think there might be some important things i signed up for under that email account like my host and domain but i dont have the time to look through 1000 emails :x

The trick is to .... not use hotmail :p Except for msn messenger ike you said :) ... or maybe you can signup for an @msn.com hotmail account, and perhaps you won't recieve any junk mail :)

hmmm...

this reminds me of an experiment I've always wanted to try, but never did. Basically, I get a hotmail account, and post that address in ONE place on the web. Anywhere will do. And see how much spam you get in a month :D

Originally posted by timdorr

hmmm...

this reminds me of an experiment I've always wanted to try, but never did. Basically, I get a hotmail account, and post that address in ONE place on the web. Anywhere will do. And see how much spam you get in a month :D

Or you can try the real experiment :p Don't post anywhere on the net, and about in a week you'll find yourself with junk mail, even though you haven't used you account :p Then the amount will start to increase exponetially until you have a fit :p

Ah free web email :) Could life get any better :) ?

YES! Perhaps you should get a pop-3 account instead :p

My hotmail.com accounts get dragged through the mud...but my @msn.com accounts have Brightmail (and MSN 8 Junk Mail AI) protection. MSN Hotmail v9.06 coming first week in November I believe will bring Brightmail protection to all MSN mail accounts finally.

Originally posted by Evolution

Or you can try the real experiment :p Don't post anywhere on the net, and about in a week you'll find yourself with junk mail, even though you haven't used you account :p Then the amount will start to increase exponetially until you have a fit :p

Ah free web email :) Could life get any better :) ?

YES! Perhaps you should get a pop-3 account instead :p

actually, I tried that with a hotmail account this summer. I didn't get one peice of junk mail for a whole month.