HOW TO: Change your POST Bitmap

Works on Inspiron 6000.

Although it seems like now the fan spins faster on the initial boot than it used to. Like a quick 1/4 second WHIRR!!, and then back to normal... :unsure:

Your imagination...

Not really. It makes sence that the processor might have to do an extra bit of work to display that image if it has a lot of detail, compaired to the Dell image. Thereforethe CPU would get hotter and the fan would have to kick in...

Not really. It makes sence that the processor might have to do an extra bit of work to display that image if it has a lot of detail, compaired to the Dell image. Thereforethe CPU would get hotter and the fan would have to kick in...

For the amount of time the splash screen displays, the extra work done is hardly going to be noticable. A few seconds later, windows is scratching your disks to load everything else anyway.

• 10 months later...

What about Inspiron (i have 1520) series?

I agree with the poster above. I would like to add my name and room no. in the display screen to discourage potential thiefs given that I stay in a hostel.

I wish I could find something that worked with my Toshiba laptop.

Great find, Asus had something like this that shipped with some of their motherboards.

• 2 weeks later...
Think this would work for a Dell Dimension desktop?

I haven't heard reports of it not working on any Dell BIOS, but it's not supported anymore so it's a chance you take.

• DrunknMunky locked this topic