Windows Mobile 5 Themes?

BaZurk

Very happy owner of a TMobile MDA and would like to know 3 things.. One what format are they in.. two, where on the phone do i stick them "what folder" and three where can I get ahold of some nice ones?

redeemed

The answers:

1. They are in *.tsk format.

2. You can put them in any folder. On the pocket pc open the folder in which the themes are located and just select the *.tsk file and you will be presented with a list of all the themes on your pocket pc.

3. The official MS pack for WM 2003 themes (they work on WM 5 but they look a tiny bit grainy and some might not be to your taste): http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/themes.mspx

How to Change your Theme

Changing your Today Screen Theme is easy. Every Windows Mobile powered Pocket PC comes with at least two themes, right out of the box. And you can find many more available for download from Microsoft and our partners. To change your theme, follow these steps:

* Tap Start.

* Tap Settings.

* Tap the Today icon.

* The drop-down box in the middle of the screen displays all of the themes currently loaded on your Pocket PC. Until you add more, you will see at least two, Default and Fire(these are different for WM 5).

* Tap Fire(different for WM 5).

* Tap OK.

* Finally tap Start and then Today to navigate back to your Today screen.

* You will now see the new colors and background image.

Hint: To show more of your background image, you may want to remove some of the information you don't use on your Today screen.

* Tap Start.

* Tap Settings.

* Tap the Today icon.

* Tap on the Items tab at the bottom of the screen.(might be different for WM 5)

* Select or deselect any items that you would or would not like to display.

* Tap OK.

* Finally tap Start, and then Today to navigate back to your Today screen.

* Your changes will now be reflected on the Today screen. Looks good, doesn't it?

Hope this helps BaZurk.

Cheers.

Redeemed. :)

Bamsebjørn

Has anyone released an application to create WM5.0 themes yet?

ThehAWKs

Heres Some themes that i Have used But If you ReallY What to Get the best themes i Say Use Apps made By SBSH To Change your Today Sceen

SBSH

THEMES

http://www.ppcsg.com/mobile/index.php/t31647-260.html

http://www.paulya.com/themes.htm

ASK Q'S ABOUT MDA AND MORE

xda-developers

spv-developers

I have this theme Runing On My MDA all The Themes Are Made BY mickesjo are great check it Out VISTA THEME

vista6tb.jpg

Edited by TheMassAppeal
ZombieFly

hi

I have the uk version of the t-mobile mda vario running an i-mate rom version (which is much more stable/reliable than the t-mobile version)

check modaco for themes. Unfortunately decent themes are hard to come by for wm5. The wm2003 themes will work, just not fully.

check out my Vario (HTC Wizard) Blog (only recently started)...

if you want any more info, just ask, i love this phone, i use it for everything, mp3 player, In Car Navigation, etc etc :yes:

ZombieFly

Heres Some themes that i Have used But If you ReallY What to Get the best themes i Say Use Apps made By SBSH To Change your Today Sceen

SBSH

THEMES

http://www.ppcsg.com/mobile/index.php/t31647-260.html

http://www.paulya.com/themes.htm

ASK Q'S ABOUT MDA AND MORE

xda-developers

spv-developers

I have this theme Runing On My MDA all The Themes Are Made BY mickesjo are great check it Out VISTA THEME

vista6tb.jpg

when you say you have this running on your MDA, do you mean MDA vario? i.e. HTC wizard? ...I guess i'm asking do you have it running on WM5 as i cannot get the .tsk to work in WM5.

mrp04

I find those theming programs that allow you to run advanced themes like that vista one a memory hog. I do not know if anyone else notices it, and they seem much slower than the standard interface on my x51v.

ZombieFly

I find those theming programs that allow you to run advanced themes like that vista one a memory hog. I do not know if anyone else notices it, and they seem much slower than the standard interface on my x51v.

True.

My phone/pda has a slow processor, so anything like that tends to slow it down. I guess if you've got the spare processor power, then u can afford to run a decent shell replacement ;)

ThehAWKs

when you say you have this running on your MDA, do you mean MDA vario? i.e. HTC wizard? ...I guess i'm asking do you have it running on WM5 as i cannot get the .tsk to work in WM5.

I Have it Runing On my T-Mobile MDA(WM5) the speed on it is not that slow since i over Clock it to 240Mhz

the Theme are Made For PocketBreeze 5, ContactBreeze, Wisbar Advance Desktop, Wisbar Advance2

all themes Made with Photoshop

.TSK themes are very Basic

Just Waiting For HTC Hermes, T-Mobile MDA II / o2 XDA Trion to Come out 400Mhz speed

HTC HERMES

o2_xda_trion_front_open.jpg

Edited by TheMassAppeal