Best Wireless Controller for the PS2

Hi,

Just got my son and I a PS2 and a whole bunch of games. Love it!

I'd like to get a wireless controller but there are so MANY choices out there.

What, in your opinion, is the BEST wireless controller available?

Many thanks!

I personally use the Logitech Cordless Action Controller.

It has all of the features of an official Dual Shock controller (meaning nothing has been cut out, not even rumble.)

The controller uses the 2.4 GHz spectrum and runs on two AA batteries.

It doesn't really have any downsides other than the reciever is a little wider than I'd like for a slim PS2, but mine sits vertically so its not problem.

Thanks! Are you saying that I'd have trouble with the width of the reciever? My PS2 Slim is sitting flat.

Thanks again!

If you PS2 sits flat (like it's supposed to), then the receiver will cause it to wedge up slightly. You'll have this problem with all wireless controllers because the receivers are designed for the original PS2.

Thanks so much everyone, for the input!

Ended up getting the Logitech wireless 2.4GHz controller (the $20 blue one without rumble). Fits perfectly with the slim laying falt. DOES NOT cause the unit to wedge up. ...and the blue reciever matches my blue Nico 8MB memory card....looks sharp.

Thanks everyone. The controller is great (NO lag at 10 foot distance to my chair) ...and if I wanted the "rumble" feature, I'd have the wife present as a second "controller". ;)

Cheers!

Fits perfectly with the slim laying falt. DOES NOT cause the unit to wedge up. ...and the blue reciever matches my blue Nico 8MB memory card....looks sharp.

Oh right, that's pretty good.

But I'd still want the rumble feature for when the wife's away ;)