Will you be buying a PS3 at launch?

Will you be buying a PS3 at launch?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a PS3 at launch?

• Yes!
    • No!

For those of you that are getting a PS3 will you be buying one on launch day?

I am getting one on launch day! It will be my first ever launch console :D :woot:

Theres always something buggy with the first wave, im gonna wait until the price lowers and they get more games.

no. i hate sony's propaganda!

i have a feeling it will end up being the PS2.5 kinda like people incessantly considered the xbox360 "1.5"

once we see the ps3 in stores and see how it can hold up to the 360 and in comparison to sony's initial claims for how it was going to be a million times better than anything else around, then i will more seriously consider the worth of paying that much $$ for a new storage format drive and a (probably) lackluster console..

dont hate me coz i seem overly opinionated, but i can't stand how much crap microsoft gets when they actually maintained the major portion of the 360's selling points, not deciding to cut this and that and put an excessive pricetag on the console..

Possibly =) It depends if the 360 is considerably cheaper by then. For PS3, I'd really only be playing MGS4 exclusively. Same with the 360 and Halo 3. The rest of the games I can get for either one (Rainbow Six: Vegas, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Etc.) so why spend $599 if I can play most of the games on the cheaper 360. Who knows though, if some better titles are announced I could see myself camping out in front of Best Buy with a few buddies :laugh:

Personally the only system I'll be able to afford is the Nintendo Wii, so that will be the one I purchase on launch day. As for the PS3, I would need to see a significant price drop for me to get it.

I already have an Xbox 360 and love it. I'm not going to pay $600 so I can see one or two extra polygons of detail and use a half-baked motion sensitive controller.

Only the enthusiasts and morons buy them at launch , the first revisions are always plagued with issues and problems. plus I still have not seen a large abundance of good games for the PS3 yet (to my liking).

I feel bad.. I hooked up my PS2 and played FFX and Socom 2 and thought it was fun. The controller felt so light and 'weird' since I'm used to the 360's. (side note: 360 def. feels better imo). I don't want Sony to do bad, but at $600 (the version I'd consider getting) it's just too expensive for I love my 360 now. Plus I want like 8 games coming for the 360 and only about 2 for the PS3. So if I still get one i'd be after price drops, blu-ray being sorted out, and error free.

(I also hooked my my N64, ahh great games)!

Off topic I suppose but I want to show off the n64 hardware ;)

Ps2

N64

Edited by vlsi0n

I will be getting the top PS3 and also i will get a Wii too. I want the best on all consoles. I know if i leave it a game will come out that i want for one of the consoles (final fantasy) :p

No, I've already got the X360, and cant justify the cost of the PS3 at the moment.

I'd wait until the price becomes somewhat more reasonable, and even then, only when the game library is more matured

Hell no.

I'll get mine when it goes down to current XBox 360 prices. Plus, I'll never buy first versions of any Sony console again. I had to buy two PS1s cause I bought my first at launch and the lens pretty much died in ~2 years. I think my PS2 lens is starting to go too... it's taking longer to start games now.