Cable Modem Vs. ADSL

108 members have voted

1. 1. Cable Modem Vs. ADSL

• Cable Modem
    • ADSL

I'm a former high speed cable installer, i'm current helping ADSL companies to install ADSL for new user.

In my view, i think ADSL is better then Cable, not because it's faster, it's because ADSL is more easier to troubleshooting than Cable.

• 2 weeks later...

I have voted for cable although I have ADSL. I can not get cable here, ADSL is fine but cable is faster and cheaper where I live.

Shame I can't get it :no:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From my experience, in the future if ever needed, I would go with ADSL no matter what, I've been with these companies in the past 3 years:

ATT@Home (before it went to ATTBI and now COMCAST)

than DirecTV DSL!

and now SBC Yahoo DSL

And I personally love having ADSL, cable was such a joke, in my area at least, some areas get lucky and have better cable connections than dsl and others have better dsl connections than cable connections in their area, and I would have to say my area is better with ADSL from my own experience :) Including no down times, no problems, etc..

With cable in my area,

I went from Road Runner to @Home to At&t BI to currently Comcast.

The transition from Roadrunner to @Home was horrid, up until At&t came into play, I never had a reliable connection.

Service has been awesome ever since At&t and currently I continue to enjoy Comcast. :cool:

And the speed are awesome as kujemer mentioned. :happy: