Your opinions on Celibacy and Polygamy ?

Your opinions on Celibacy and Polygamy ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on Celibacy

• good
    • bad
    • unsure
    • iam not one to judge
  2. 2. Your opinion on Polygamy

• good
    • bad
    • unsure
    • iam not one to judge

as for celibacy i think its bad and unnatural...when u go against nature ur gonna have problems....an example is the whole church sex scandal involving priests and young children

when it comes for polygamy iam not one to judge

I'm not a fan of celibacy... I just feel it's a lot of religious nonsense. As for polygamy... I think it's fine if everyone involved consents, though it is not something I would choose myself.

I don't see the point of celibacy -- if you think it makes you 'noble', it doesn't. Waiting till you feel ready makes sense tho. No one should be pressured into being sexual.

Polygamy is OK for some people I guess, tho I think there should be an age limit, like 18. And polygamy should be OK for women as well. If they wanted to have 3 husbands, let them. :yes:

I don't see the point of celibacy -- if you think it makes you 'noble', it doesn't. Waiting till you feel ready makes sense tho. No one should be pressured into being sexual.

Polygamy is OK for some people I guess, tho I think there should be an age limit, like 18. And polygamy should be OK for women as well. If they wanted to have 3 husbands, let them. :yes:

(Y)

you can be celibate and i won't have a problem with you, but i might snicker behind your back :p

polygamy is wrong in my opinion, take care of one family and do a good job of it

Celibacy, polygamy - I couldn't live with either!

I don't care about others living that way though as long as they don't preach to me and everyone involved is happy with the situation.

As for priests and peadophiles, that is nonesense; celibacy doesn't create peadophiles. Fact is, peadophiles are in every walk of life so why should the priesthood be any different? It's an easy way to gain authority and trust.

as for celibacy i think its bad and unnatural...when u go against nature ur gonna have problems....an example is the whole church sex scandal involving priests and young children

when it comes for polygamy iam not one to judge

There are plenty of child molesters that arn't celibate.

Celibacy: I am not one to judge.

The reason - there are times in ones life when celibacy is best; but I wouldn't want to make a career out of it. You can only be celibate for so long, and then the urging of the loins must be fed.

Polygamy: it's bad.

Bigamy is bad enough, but polygamy is asking for trouble.

The reason - bigamy = two mothers-in-law; polygamy = worse.

Scientifc reasons eh? Could you explain? (I'm not being sarcastic, just curious..)

STD

Actually there are also legal reasons like inheritance of property, rights of partners, and all that which I forgot to mention separately in my previous post.

It's just not legally feasable in a nation whose foundation is a monogamy family.