AutoPatcher XP June 2006

@remix0, full and lite releases contain everything in previous releases (minus stuff thats been replaced and is not needed of course). update release do not contain everything in previous releases. you need to install all update releases released after the full/lite release you have installed.

e.g. lets say you have the dec05 full/lite release and you want to update it. you have two options, a) get all update releases from jan06 to jun06, or b) replace it with the april06 full/lite release and get all update releases from may06 to jun06.

^ because english is the most popular and therefore eats up the most bandwidth. and theres no point in people downloading over 200MB every month when only ~10MB has changed (this time a one off big one at ~40MB), really all the translators should be doing update releases too.

i have recently installed the may 06 update autopatcher. if i uninstall the autopatcher i have now, will it remove all of the updates etc or will it leave them on my system....

also do i uninstall the version i have now to install the june 06 or can i just install it and will it over-ride it

i am new to this autopatcher thing....

thanks

^ because english is the most popular and therefore eats up the most bandwidth. and theres no point in people downloading over 200MB every month when only ~10MB has changed (this time a one off big one at ~40MB), really all the translators should be doing update releases too.

Understood.

i have recently installed the may 06 update autopatcher. if i uninstall the autopatcher i have now, will it remove all of the updates etc or will it leave them on my system....

also do i uninstall the version i have now to install the june 06 or can i just install it and will it over-ride it

i am new to this autopatcher thing....

thanks

You can install June 06 update and it will add to the May 06 updates.

Run autopatcher and it will display and enable you to install required updates

emule mirror for brazilian portuguese release:

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcher_XP_Jun2006_PortugueseBrazil_Full.exe|220731916|4B9803AFD344C2931E56FB2A7937CF57|/

ps: md5 is verified and is ok.

ps2: may help a hint on mirrors about "do not choose any download acelerator" or something like that. anyway, thanks :D

Edited by supermouse

Right, but if you don't have ap apr/may or if it's the first time you download it...

Is not better to have a full june download then...

Right, but if you don't have ap apr/may or if it's the first time you download it...

Is not better to have a full june download then...

yes, in that situation it would be a little worse (esp this time with a large 40MB one), however the majority of our users i would expect download monthly, and its mainly because of new users that new full/lite releases occur every 3 or 4 months, otherwise it might be that i would wait much longer, maybe every 6 or even 12 months.

I have a problem when running the June update.

message: " Module Panic on windows UPDATE for windowxp(KB884883 V8)! You are running XP Professional SP2 (locale 1033) +IE6. This release is not suitable for your system. 35602 : Key is not unique in collection."

Could someone help and explain what's going on?

I have d/l the english update.

@acuraman, can you tell me which releases you have installed? every time you install a new full/lite release you should delete existing releases, only update release should be installed on top. i expect youve got multiple full/lite releases installed on top of each other.

You do not need to burn 3 CD's.

install April full onto your PC.

install May update onto your PC.

install June update onto your PC.

Burn the autopatcher folder from the location where you have installed autopatcher to CD. You now have all the updates on 1 CD

Would be great if I had not already burned April to a CD when it came out, then May to a CD when it came out. I use this for updating multiple PCs in many different locations, not just for my local PC

Why is it such a big deal to just create a full version for those of us who want convenience and an update version for those who don?t want to download the larger files?

@astinius1 because the majority of people would just download the full/lite release for the hell of it. if you can, use a cd-rw disk.