AutoPatcher XP June 2006

I don't know about the updates, but IE6 and WMP10 updates dependancy must be changed.

Could the problem with TweakUI .cpl finally be fixed? Everyone forgot about it.

To refresh the memory, .cpl isn't there (in Control Panel) because putting shortcut there is executed BEFORE installing TweakUI, so it's useless (putting, not TUI). It should be executed AFTER. It just needs to be put under TUI installation, like before April release. Now it's above and therefore it's executed after. Please fix it.

The way it was before prevented someone from installing TweakUI without installing the control panel shortcut.

What you could do, guys, is have it set up similar to the way Windows Script is set up this month.

the_guy

Man I really really hate the new interface. I went back and downloaded the full install from April to get rid of that crap interface. Than I installed the updates from there. The interface sucks. I can't easily see what modules are missing (I manually remove those I don't use in window updates like the DRM one), I can't easily select all updates under a category. Wish you made a full without that crappy bloated interface the new one is.

The way it was before prevented someone from installing TweakUI without installing the control panel shortcut.

Yes, I remember, but I don't remember who it was - never mind. I didn't mean under like IN it, i meant UNDER literally, simply under, otherwise (above) it's useless. :(

What you could do, guys, is have it set up similar to the way Windows Script is set up this month.

What do you mean? :unsure:

@xyz123

currently the tweakui and tweakui cpl addons are listed as seperate items in the addon section. what the_guy proposes is to do it like this:

-- addons

-- -- tweakui

-- -- -- tweakui 210

-- -- -- tweakui cpl

although thats neater and i'll certainly do it, the problem is that they both have the same priority and the cpl one is installing first. i didnt actually know this happened until you brought it up. it will be fixed next month.

@the_guy

Sorry for the confusion, my bad. By "IN it" I meant like this (this is a tree view):

Windows Addons

----Copy Profile View

----TweakUI

--------TweakUI .cpl

----PowerMenu 1.5.1

The situation was like this before April.

Now it's like this:

Windows Addons

----Copy Profile View

----TweakUI .cpl

----Tweak UI (misspelled)

----PowerMenu 1.5.1

I suggested like this:

Windows Addons

----Copy Profile View

----TweakUI

----TweakUI .cpl

----PowerMenu 1.5.1

But now I see that you're right - it should be like you said:

Windows Addons

----Copy Profile View

----TweakUI parent

--------TweakUI

--------TweakUI .cpl

----PowerMenu 1.5.1

P. s. Another small bug everyone forgot about is that EU Screensaver can't be installed from AP (i. e. AP doesn't install it when you select it and click Update) - it must be installed manually from C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\modules\AddOns\Screensavers\.

A small correction for the 1st post (in this thread): Windows Uptime Tool is not on the list of included stuff, and WU is not in green. ;)

There is a bug when installing WindowsInstaller 3.1 v2 from Autopatcher. All the installers that use it will fail to load. I tried on several computers (3) and on all of them the .msi packages or .exe self extracting with msi inside will not work (even some with InstallShield). Will give the "1607 error". I instaled on a fresh system autopatcher without the option checked and manualy download WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe and works this way.

Thanks..

will this work with ryanvm's xp slipstreamer stuff as well? (he produces a file with all teh latest patches that can be slipstreamed into win xp cd)....so ,say, if i get ryans latest download today (jun 1st), and then in 2 months time i install a machine with it, and then use autopatcher for the remaining updates ...will it work???

cheers

kev

i apologise if you get this question alot, but why on earth do you no longer release FULL monthly updates for english versions of autopatcher? i'm baffled as to why the other languages get it but english (what the site primarily uses) does not have a FULL release, and instead we have to put on update after an update after an update?

thanx for fielding my question (if you do)!

ciao

i apologise if you get this question alot, but why on earth do you no longer release FULL monthly updates for english versions of autopatcher? i'm baffled as to why the other languages get it but english (what the site primarily uses) does not have a FULL release, and instead we have to put on update after an update after an update?

thanx for fielding my question (if you do)!

ciao

Each individual release is compiled by sombody different; The English one is done by theblazingangel.

The reason that there is no English Full is that it simply wastes bandwidth for us and our mirrors. We don't have the time to spend all day uploading the file, and then people would download the full release when they could just as well download an update release. This justs increase bandwidth costs for our mirrors - and not everyone can use services like rapidshare as there are huge problems for people who are on ISP-wide proxies.

Besides, how hard is it to just download the Update release? You're, in fact, downloading less, and the process is exactly the same for you if you already have a full or a lite release.

Each individual release is compiled by sombody different; The English one is done by theblazingangel.

The reason that there is no English Full is that it simply wastes bandwidth for us and our mirrors. We don't have the time to spend all day uploading the file, and then people would download the full release when they could just as well download an update release. This justs increase bandwidth costs for our mirrors - and not everyone can use services like rapidshare as there are huge problems for people who are on ISP-wide proxies.

Besides, how hard is it to just download the Update release? You're, in fact, downloading less, and the process is exactly the same for you if you already have a full or a lite release.

thankyou for replying! i had a feeling it would be something to do with bandwidth... if bandwidth is a problem why not use torrents and try and establish a bunch of people to seed? or perhaps a server such a filefront and only release full releases every 2 or 3 months.. just me making suggestions is probably annoying (especially considering my post-count <<<---) but today i formatted and installed an old full (february i believe) and then i had to install 3 updates, and wasnt able to install all the updates i know are available (i dont know why). it would just be lovely to have a full release at least once every 2 months or so, autopatcher is a GREAT piece of software that i love to use and its becomign a bit more dificult to use.

anyway i guess i should shutup, beggers cant be choosers! thanx for autopatcher and keep up the great work!!

We do have torrents (I'm the guy who maintains the tracker), but the initial seeding is a pain in the arse.

I think the update method is great, as long as there is a full release every few months

It saves us all a lot of time

There are, every 3-4 months.

I was excited when I saw the June Beta Full Version, and I have been using it for a few weeks now and I thought everything on it was working. Untill tonite, I have just bought a new desktop system and I installed the new BETA version tonite. I usually split the update in half or in bits. Critical and Important first, then I do Tweaks and all the rest. I notced that only the Critical Updates and the UNOFFICAL IMPORTANT updates were installed. I went back again and try to install the rest of the UPDATES and still nothing. Bits and pieces like the Windows Uptime Tool and Sun Java Update would be installed, but everything else like THEMES AND SCREENSAVERS and so on would not install I tried a few more times and NOTHING. I went back to my MAIN system and I noticed that only the CRITICAL updates were installed on that machine too. I dunno if this is a COMMON problem for the beta, but I just wanted to inform you guys about the ISSUE I am having

Any more questions about my issues you can reach me at nicknowsky@hotmail.com or nicknowsky@gmail.com

Hi all,

Noob here & just wanna say kudos to all the good work u guys are doing. I did get the autopatcher May 2k6 but didn't really know how to work it. So now that I've found u guys u can expect to hear from me some stuff after the June/July 2k6 Full update is there. Btw would it also include the IE7 Beta3 or not? Thnx in advance.

No beta stuff is ever included, so WIE7 beta 3 will have to wait.

I would like it too, but it would do more damage than good.

Why?

1.) Beta can cause problems, and then the AP team would be accused for it, or at least the people wouldn't know where's the problem - that would cause confusion.

2.) WIE7 setup requests online validation, and that problem is yet to be solved before including it.

3.) The majority of people doesn't look what do they install, so... see 1.)

4.) It raises the download size of AP for more than 10 MB, and in return... see 1.)

Don't misunderstand me, when it gets out of beta, I will be among the strongest annoyers until it gets included... :devil: