Windows Live Spaces

Yup. It IS Windows Live Spaces, NOT a program ^^ :laugh:

Just confirmed with full screenshot posted over at The Space Craft blog.

In my opinion, it looks cool and way better than MSN Spaces as it is now.

hehe as if i would ever be wrong :D :shiftyninja:

it is much better then MSN Spaces can't wait to start using it :p

Spaces%20icon.gif The latest from the blog of record for Spaces announces that Windows Live Spaces is coming soon. Included in the new release will be Friends Module, the new social networking tool, and Friends Explorer, a way to create new friendships. Friends Explorer will be integrated with and accessible through the recently released Windows Live Messenger.

In a bit of news, while there will be banner ads, you will be able to switch them off, apparently by subscribing to Hotmail Plus. The Title and tagline of your Spaces will no longer be limited to the header, and you will be able to place it ?wherever you want in your space?.

Other new features include breadcrumbing, a new navigation module, and inclusion of Windows Live Gadgets.

The new release will require one more URL change, presumably to the spaces.live.com domain.

source.gif News source: LiveSide

*yay*... Suddenly, everything looks like Windows Live Messenger

Isn't that what Microsoft is suppose to be doing in the first place... :shifty: :whistle: :laugh: ?

PSG22?

Spaces%20icon.gifThanks to Darren Straight who found this post by Satoshi, and a new web site ? discoverspaces.live.com. The annotated screenshot provides a few clues about the new version, in addition to a cleaner, Windows Live looking UI. Looks like you can comment and tag photos, initiate a Windows Live Messenger session from within Spaces, see Msgr online status, and have more control over the title position. Can?t wait to see more.

discoverlivespaces.jpg

Source: LiveSide

View: Discoverspaces.Live.com

so let me get this straight, all existing MSN space accounts will be migrated over? I won't need to worry about Microsoft cancelling all existing accounts? Microsoft won't be creating new live space accounts like what they're doing with their new @live.com domains?

so let me get this straight, all existing MSN space accounts will be migrated over? I won't need to worry about Microsoft cancelling all existing accounts? Microsoft won't be creating new live space accounts like what they're doing with their new @live.com domains?

Yes for the first two. Not sure what you sure what your talking about for the third quesiton. Why would they create another live space account when you already have an msn spaces account?

Your msn spaces account will be your live spaces account.

^ I think Sgt_Strider was asking in his third question whether microsoft would have two different sets of spaces or not, such as myspacename.spaces.live.com and myspacename.spaces.msn.com . My guess would be that microsoft would be migrating all MSN Spaces to Windows Live Spaces. So doesn't matter which address you enter (myspace.spaces.live.com OR myspace.spaces.msn.com) will get you to the same space ^^ It's basically an address change....again =P

^ I think Sgt_Strider was asking in his third question whether microsoft would have two different sets of spaces or not, such as myspacename.spaces.live.com and myspacename.spaces.msn.com . My guess would be that microsoft would be migrating all MSN Spaces to Windows Live Spaces. So doesn't matter which address you enter (myspace.spaces.live.com OR myspace.spaces.msn.com) will get you to the same space ^^ It's basically an address change....again =P

I think that's the gist of it in a way :laugh: .

PSG22?

doesnt look like theyve brought back the thumbnail view for pics,I miss that in MSN Spaces,dunno why they got rid of it,it was so useful :(

doesnt look like theyve brought back the thumbnail view for pics,I miss that in MSN Spaces,dunno why they got rid of it,it was so useful :(

Yeh I liked that too, photo albums are even worse since the latest update as it keeps showing pictures you've already seen, hope it's fixed in WL Spaces.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this? I'm looking forward to the Live Spaces update - if the release date is supposedly tomorrow, I'll be pulling another all-nighter. Hehehe... :cool:

Unfortunately M$ isn't the greatest with dates. As far as I know, they haven't met one yet... *sigh* :pinch:

well it should be out today, but as there has been absolutely no news on this after the intial info i find this highly unlikely. we could be waiting a while....

But I will keep away from that because there is a banner ad on your

page I dont want a banner ad i will use it if they are text ads but

banner ads destroy the beauty of the entire page,eventhoug i have ad blocking

programs,i dont want my visitors to see an ad that was not put there by me.

you shouldn't rely on secondary sources who claim to have "inside information" on ms release dates. If it gets released it gets released, no need stressing over it.