Dwyane Wade

Dwyane Wade  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Will Dwyane Wade be the next Michael Jordan

• Yes
    • No

I've been saying this for well over a year now, and everyone has called me an idiot, crazy, dumb, just about everything you can think of, until now. If anyone is going to be the next Michael Jordan its not going to be LeBron James, it will be Dwayne Wade.

Now I'm not saying hes going to be better then him, becuase that will never happen. I'm just saying he's going to be the closest thing we will ever see to him for a long long time.

No. Jordan was great. Wade is good, but when he alone takes as many FTs as the entire team he's opposing...

So what about when O'Neal shot something like 30 FT in one quater back in 2000 he wasnt the MVP that year, becuase of how many freethrows he shot.

Great logic, next time finish your sentance.

So what about when O'Neal shot something like 30 FT in one quater back in 2000 he wasnt the MVP that year, becuase of how many freethrows he shot.

Great logic, next time finish your sentance.

Do you have any proof to back up what you just said? No, you don't. Shaq shoots less than 40% from the line, and his career average is less than 50%, so what's your point? :rolleyes:

Good logic and sources you have to back up your claims. Next time, learn how to spell and learn how to put a full thought sentence together before talking about others.

He really needs to work on his game on the defensive side of the floor. On offense, yeah, he's pretty close to having the same intensity and determination that Michael had...but none of these so-called "next Jordan" guys bring it to the table on defense.

He does understand the game though. I remember when he was at Marquette and they played Kentucky in the NCAA tournament, he drove to the basket on pretty much every trip down the floor and had Kentucky lost on defense. If they didn't send a double team, he'd take it all the way, if they did double he would kick it out to Travis Deiner for a 3 or he'd slip a pass inside to his big man.

Do you have any proof to back up what you just said? No, you don't. Shaq shoots less than 40% from the line, and his career average is less than 50%, so what's your point? :rolleyes:

Good logic and sources you have to back up your claims. Next time, learn how to spell and learn how to put a full thought sentence together before talking about others.

Yep you're right i was wrong on my stat, so what.

It was 25 Freethrows, not 30.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq the all-mighty wikipedia that everyone on neowin loves

and if you feel like reading http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaquille_oneal/bio.html

Good job bringing grammar into the sports section.

Edited by reidtheweed01

He shot 47% this year and shoots 53% for the career. For the win, me :sleep:

Heed your own advice please.

There will be players who stand out each year but there will never be another Michael Jordan. People who didn't even particularly like basketball watched Michael Jordan play. That's what he brought to the game.

I'm am for sure not saying he will be the next Jordan, even though thats what the question asks. Nobody liked Jordan more then me, and even though it may sound gay, i actually cried when he retired. What I'm really asking is if he will be the next closest thing we will see to him.

OK.....I see where you're going. I guess we'll have to see where dude is in a couple more years. Certainly he has some mad skills but let's see if he continues to improve.

It's too early to tell, MJ was the greatest over a period of seasons, these guys are fresh, it's a matter of being great for a long time.

Dumb question. There will never be another Jordan. This will be the first D. Wade. I believe that this kid possesses the potential and character to one day make it possible that someone will ask the same question of someone else in comparisen to him.

That's simply it.

this topic isnt even valid until he wins 4 or 5 championships, he is still 5 behind of jordan, 2 behind of kobe, and only 1 ahead of lebron...not to mention lebron is 21, wade is 24...when wade was 21 he was just finishing up at marquette

now imagine if jordan had those players around him at 24

or if kobe had even this as team (half of the heats players)

PG - jason williams > smush parker

SG - kobe taking wades place

SF - antoine walker or james posey or lamar odom...all pretty much equal in my book

PF - haslem or posey ...either still is better than kuame

C - alonzo in the middle is still better than mihm or kuame brown

that could probably be enough to win a title

the thing i dont get is shaq didnt wanna be second to kobe before he left, but now is more than happy to be second to wade? but i guess that was just shaq being so angry at the time of the trade, then he came to his senses and realized he just isnt that old

but back to the main point...wade has about 3 or 4 more championships to win before you can even compare him to jordan

His ability to constantly take over when his team needed it impressed me a lot. I never say anyone is going to be the next Jordan, but if anyone is primed to be the next great player in the game, he's ready to do it.

this topic isnt even valid until he wins 4 or 5 championships, he is still 5 behind of jordan, 2 behind of kobe, and only 1 ahead of lebron...not to mention lebron is 21, wade is 24...when wade was 21 he was just finishing up at marquette

now imagine if jordan had those players around him at 24

or if kobe had even this as team (half of the heats players)

PG - jason williams > smush parker

SG - kobe taking wades place

SF - antoine walker or james posey or lamar odom...all pretty much equal in my book

PF - haslem or posey ...either still is better than kuame

C - alonzo in the middle is still better than mihm or kuame brown

that could probably be enough to win a title

the thing i dont get is shaq didnt wanna be second to kobe before he left, but now is more than happy to be second to wade? but i guess that was just shaq being so angry at the time of the trade, then he came to his senses and realized he just isnt that old

but back to the main point...wade has about 3 or 4 more championships to win before you can even compare him to jordan

With the argument you are saying, that would be fine if you were saying he's better then Jordan. Nobody is saying that. I'm asking if he will be the next closest thing to him, not that he is better. LeBron James isnt even the right position anyways. I dont get what is with you people, hes a Forward, not a guard, they are two very differnt things. THAT is why people compare Wade to Jordan.

Yep you're right i was wrong on my stat, so what.

It was 25 Freethrows, not 30.

and if you feel like reading http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaquille_oneal/bio.html

Good job bringing grammar into the sports section.

So what? You are over here spitting numbers out of your gluteus maximus without first checking up on them. What, do you take a test in school without studying for it first? :rolleyes:

Grammar? Good job telling the guy to finish his sentence just because his opinion contradicts yours. What are you, an English teacher? :whistle:

He shot 47% this year and shoots 53% for the career. For the win, me

First off, I was speaking about his playoff percentage this year, which was a FANTASTIC 37% for someone who is considered the most dominant player in the NBA. Second, I am sorry if I said he was shooting below 50% for his career when he is actually shooting 52.8%...what a god damn difference I tell you :rolleyes:

Third, would you like a purple heart for your "win"?

So what? You are over here spitting numbers out of your gluteus maximus without first checking up on them. What, do you take a test in school without studying for it first? :rolleyes:

Grammar? Good job telling the guy to finish his sentence just because his opinion contradicts yours. What are you, an English teacher? :whistle:

First off, I was speaking about his playoff percentage this year, which was a FANTASTIC 37% for someone who is considered the most dominant player in the NBA. Second, I am sorry if I said he was shooting below 50% for his career when he is actually shooting 52.8%...what a god damn difference I tell you :rolleyes:

Holy ****ing ****, it was over 6 years ago, and you are going to bitch that I was off by a few numbers, I was just making an estimate on how many it was. Go ahead and ignore the stat, and keep complaining about Wade shooting 25 in a game, and Shaq shooting 25 IN ONE ****ING QUARTER.

Wow

Hypocrisy at its finest

It was over 6 years ago, and you are going to bitch that I was off by a few numbers, I was just making an estimate on how many it was. Go ahead and ignore the stat, and keep complaining about Wade shooting 25 in a game, and Shaq shooting 25 IN ONE ****ING QUARTER.

Wow

What, are you getting a little annoyed that you need to post the same thing twice?

By the way, what you just highlighted with size 3000 was not a reply to you, but the other poster :rolleyes:

Holy ****ing ****, it was over 6 years ago, and you are going to bitch that I was off by a few numbers, I was just making an estimate on how many it was. Go ahead and ignore the stat, and keep complaining about Wade shooting 25 in a game, and Shaq shooting 25 IN ONE ****ING QUARTER.

Wow

Umm, nice temper? :huh:

Blah people lets try to stay on topic eh? Who the frick cares about Shaq and his crap FT shooting or how many FT he takes in a game.... :p

Answer to the topic:

Wade had a great season and in the playoffs he was super, but it will take several years of great regular season and playoff play to start to compare him to MJ....I do agree that he is a very good player in the clutch, though sometimes he gets foul calls that really should not be called.. :cough: overtime game 5 :cough: :whistle:

Edited by Toastyone

What, are you getting a little annoyed that you need to post the same thing twice?

By the way, what you just highlighted with size 3000 was not a reply to you, but the other poster :rolleyes:

Umm, nice temper? :huh:

You criticized another poster because he was off on his facts, just thought you might have common sense enough to check your own facts. Then you criticized him a second time even though you failed to check your own numbers, there is a difference between below 50% and 53%, if you are going to rip on someone for being 5 free throws off then check you own facts. Pot. Kettle. Black. I don't want a purple heart, just you to realize that you are wrong. That gives me satisfaction.