Opera Widgets

Opera Widgets  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Opera's Widget feature?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like the concept of Opera's Widget feature?

• Yes (It's a good feature)
    • Neutral (I don't mind)
    • No (This feature is useless to me)

I think the Opera widget thing is just dumb and pointless, Opera rocks but Opera widgets..ummm no.

Personally, Many widgets/tools that I find indispensable. Usable widgets for the Web creation. Perfect tools for all webmasters/webdesigners. :yes:

Bad idea. I doubt many people would want widgets that works only when a browser is loaded.

I doubt many people would want widgets that works always on top their desktop for this kind of widgets: Password Generator, Whois Widget, IP Address,... :rofl:

Edited by Darken

I have always wondered, how to disable the auto opening of torrent file by opera? I want download using utorrent, but I have to "Save Target As" everytime I want to download a torrent file...

I have always wondered, how to disable the auto opening of torrent file by opera? I want download using utorrent, but I have to "Save Target As" everytime I want to download a torrent file...

Go here, #2 --> Opera 9 FAQ. :)

If I were to use "widgets", I wouldn't let a web browser handle them. It'd be a separate application.

If widgets wouldn't handle by any web browser, it couldn't be independent from OS's.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I'm using the VideoDownloader widget which is useful for downloading videos off of YouTube and other media sites.

thanks for telling me that dude, now i dont have to use firefox to use the videodownloader extention.

I was trying to find a way to download videos from YouTube, when I found this on Google. Glad to hear it's useful for you, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now I'm using the VideoDownloader widget which is useful for downloading videos off of YouTube and other media sites.

Thats seems a very useful widget to have. Ill have to try that out.

• 1 year later...

I don't like widgets. I'd like to get rid of the tab. I uncheck it in Panels but its still there. It would be ok if they could be free floating without using the browser which would defeat the purpose I guess.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love Opera but I'm another one who doesn't use the widgets. I can see how they could be useful to some people but most of the ones I've no need for.

These widgets always seemed useless to me. Most of them are on your desktop and they aren't even related to the browser, but yet you need opera to be opened to use them, even if you aren't even wanting a web brwoser open. The idea is really pointless. Especially when you can get widget programs such as yahoo widgets, or stardocks stuff, without the need of a browser to be attached to it.

Those widgets are most useful by Opera, where you need the Internet-connection at least. (E.g. Weather, Translation, Torrent Search for me). But not connection related widgets can be useful or amusing, too. I use ?VirtuaWin for multidesktop, so I can use the widgets (visually) separated from Opera (if I need).

I don't use any widgets with mine, Opera has all the functionality I need included by default, although I am not a major fan of widgets in general, which is why I always disable the Windows sidebar

• 1 month later...