[MLB] Chicago Cubs

Chicago Cubs trade possibilities  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Cubs have a 'firesale'?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Who should the Cubs build their team around?

• D. Lee
    • A. Ramirez
    • C. Zambrano
    • K. Wood
    • M. Prior
    • J. Pierre
    • Other (specify)

Anybody who follows baseball knows the Chicago Cubs are the third worse team in the league. After their somewhat decent start of 9-5, the Cubs have dropped 40 of their past 59 games since D. Lee went down. Obviously, this year is not salvagable. Should the Cubs pull a Marlins' special and trade away all their players?

They need to dump Wood and Pierre and send Baker packing. I wouldn't fire sale, because there is talent there, but it's just so poorly managed.

They need to dump Wood and Pierre and send Baker packing. I wouldn't fire sale, because there is talent there, but it's just so poorly managed.

I don't know about that. I mean, what kind of talent is there apart from D. Lee? Zambrano has been sketchy, Wood and Prior break easier than a 2nd century vase. Ramirez has been playing like a minor leaguer (perhaps that's a stretch, but it is not far off).

Unfortunately, Wood is a poor trading commodity right now because he is so vulnerable to injury. I don't think the Cubs could get much for him until he proves he can pitch again.

The Cubs need to build around Zambrano and D. Lee. You can't win a game without good hitting and you can't win a game without good pitching.

my concern right now is the hitting. too many clutch guys aren't holding up their end of the deal. pierre can't get on base to save his life, and he's our leadoff guy. ramirez couldn't drive in a run to save his life, and he's our RBI guy.

we are last in the majors in runs scored. i think the amount of pressure on the pitching staff is unfair right now, and you can't really blame them until you start scoring some runs. just the other day, sean marshall gives up like 3 runs, we didn't score 1 until late. mark priors comeback, again, we didn't score, but he only gave up 3. i know that zambrano got like 1 or 2 runs total in like his first 5 starts, even though he was pitching near perfectly. you cannot expect a pitcher to have to go out there and pitch a SHUTOUT just to MAYBE get a W. thats ridiculous. it's gonna wear on them fast. but if they knew, "hey i can go for my pitches, and even if i make a mistake, my guys will get my back", we might see even better stuff by them.

my concern right now is the hitting. too many clutch guys aren't holding up their end of the deal. pierre can't get on base to save his life, and he's our leadoff guy. ramirez couldn't drive in a run to save his life, and he's our RBI guy.

we are last in the majors in runs scored. i think the amount of pressure on the pitching staff is unfair right now, and you can't really blame them until you start scoring some runs. just the other day, sean marshall gives up like 3 runs, we didn't score 1 until late. mark priors comeback, again, we didn't score, but he only gave up 3. i know that zambrano got like 1 or 2 runs total in like his first 5 starts, even though he was pitching near perfectly. you cannot expect a pitcher to have to go out there and pitch a SHUTOUT just to MAYBE get a W. thats ridiculous. it's gonna wear on them fast. but if they knew, "hey i can go for my pitches, and even if i make a mistake, my guys will get my back", we might see even better stuff by them.

In Ramirez's defense, it's not like he is well protected in the lineup. Perhaps that will change when D. Lee gets his stroke back. Pierre is just having a bad year, no other way to describe it.