LCD TV Problem. Please Help.

I have a problem with my tv. At first I thought it was me but it's not.

So this bega when I turned my tv on and I'm guessing the lamp in the back was not working properly becuase the picture was really dark and I was not able to adjust it. So I had to turn the TV off for a while and turn it back on. And this happened 2 times.

After a while the picture because blury and it's staying like that. Now I don't know if it's just me or is that possible.

It was a little blury from the start but I think I see a difference in picture quality.

I still have warrnety from best buy but I was wondering if it's a big problem or just me...

I have a Westinghouse 32" LCD TV

TV Model : LTV-32w1

Picture :

15_1_.jpg

Ah Westinghouse....try to reset the TV. Unplug it and leave the cord out for a minute then plug it back in.However, don't be shy to use that BB warranty. I'm betting you're glad you got it at this point lol.

Yeah I resetted the TV. Westinghouse. is that bad? When i got it I was looking for something big but not to expensive.

and yeah. who knew those warrenties at best buy do anything? haha

Westinghouse is notorious for odd problems like this. This year's models tend to turn all pink and need to be reset periodically.

• 2 weeks later...

Westinghouse and TV. What the? Never heard of them! Maybe they should stick to white goods hey :-p

Westinghouse and TV. What the? Never heard of them! Maybe they should stick to white goods hey :-p

Sadly, they're one of the top selling LCD's in the states because of their price tag.

Oh. One of those brands hey. Mmm, could be good and bad. Good, people are making the move, bad, the quality is breached because of the price.

Here in Australia, I have never been into a "good" electrical store, and seen a no name brand, I don't think as Australians, we would allow it, we want the real deal, or nothig at all :-p

• 2 weeks later...

Oh. One of those brands hey. Mmm, could be good and bad. Good, people are making the move, bad, the quality is breached because of the price.

Here in Australia, I have never been into a "good" electrical store, and seen a no name brand, I don't think as Australians, we would allow it, we want the real deal, or nothig at all :-p

As an Australian i dont believe this for a second, people who dont have a bucket of money may want something other than the 'real deal' because it means that they have an lcd or plasma or projector in their house as they may have not been able to afford them. Personally i'd like something thats half the price of a 'name brand' and still has the same quality, true this is not always the case but thats where discernment comes in. So please don't paint us as a pretentious bunch of snobs. Thankyou :ike:

It's interesting to know that Westinghouse is the first on the shelf with a real 1080p HDTV LCD. I've read review on the Web and everybody seem to like it very much but they all had the same problem : the TV did not want to power off OR power on with the remote and TV button after a while, they had to unplug/replug it first....

But that seem to be the only "big" problem with it. For the rest, they all rave about the image quality and the fact that it's 1080p native.

Review : Westinghouse LVM-42w2

Another review of LVM-42w2

And the price is realy....realy good. No wonder people buy it.... Think about it, you can have it for 1780$ (on Amazon.com) and the projected price of the Sony 40" 1080p is 4000$ when it's out in September. I just hope that Samsung will have a 1080p LCD soon to compete with Sony.

Yes, but I'd rather dish out the extra few bucks for a TV that gives me zero problems. Plus, when you buy a brand like Samsung, you know you are getting a quality TV set that will last you for years. You don't get that same feeling when buying the cheaper brands, such as Westinghouse.

Yes, but I'd rather dish out the extra few bucks for a TV that gives me zero problems. Plus, when you buy a brand like Samsung, you know you are getting a quality TV set that will last you for years. You don't get that same feeling when buying the cheaper brands, such as Westinghouse.

I would not buy Westinghouse, i'm no fool. but for ordinary people, it's a huge step from 1800$ to 4000$ for the "same" thing, minus 2inch... The Westinghouse is 42inch, Sony's new LCD is 40inch.... It's not what I call "extra FEW bucks". That's why I HOPE that Samsung will soon sell a native 1080p LCD that will ofer zero problem and will cost less than Sony...

Of course, I would never spend $4000 for a TV either. By a few more bucks I meant a better brand whose cost was around $400-$800 more, not $2000.