WinXP and 98 Network Headache...help plz!!!

Scenarios:

1 WinXP computer with 2 NIC = 1 reserved for DSL and 1 for Crossover with the other comp.

1 Win98 comp with 1 NIC = Crossover with the WINXP comp

WinXP setup using network wizard having same workgroup name and Win98 setup using the floppy network wizard created.

WINXP comp showed a bridge connection of 400mbps.

Both comp don't see each other on the network. win98 give errors of can't browse network or can't see computer on network or something.

I've gave both computer static ip and put them on the same Gateway... and the bridge is given the same gateway too.. (should i do this or is this the errors?)

still none of the comp see each other.

i've shared the c drive on the win98 comp. and share some file on the winxp comp

Here's what i think i should've done

Setup account on winxp with permission to access file with same user name as win98...that could be one of it.

i don't know wuh else could be done....plz help

i'm not very good at this.

if any1 got a good guide at networking plz give link. i'm sure other member of the community would like to learn too...thx

oh and of course file and printing sharing is enabled on both computer. should i have some service enabled? becuz this is a fresh install winxp...maybe some service is not turned on??!!

and should i put them both on the same subnet instead of gateway?? thx

1st off, you only have 1 client - do you really need to bridge the connection? :s

Give the server an IP of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0 (there should be no gateways on the server), set the client to obtain an automatic IP and put 192.168.0.1 as the gateway on the client.

Good luck. :)