tour de france scandal

jan ullrich, ivan basso, francesco mancebo, oscar sevilla, j?rg jaksche and 15 more athletes were disqualified after appearing on a list of names, maybe relating to the doping-scandal of spain.

this is a sad day for cycling and for the tour de france especially.

all the favorites for this years 93rd tour de france will not start tomorrow and so alexander vinokurovs chances are higher than ever before.

anyways, what is a tour without its favorits, without all the great sportsmen who maybe never actually were in spain (bold hyperbold)?

what do you say/think?

me personal was so looking forward to that tour because i am a cyclist myself and just love all that tour stuff and the giro and the vuelta but that really is so sad.

Edited by redmosquito

no more chances for vinokurov, astana-w?rth has been disqualified after all.

no english sources. look for yourself.

Maybe they should stop wasting their time trying to pin the tail on Lance and look at the these other losers a little more.

yeah, every day i hear a new story about lance's teamate's wife's cousin's sister's doctor tested lance and he came out positive. this is turning into pretty much the most corrupt sport in existence right now. why do these guys continue to do it? do they really think they will get away with it? do they really think they can't win it on their own skill? such a disgrace.

how could they?

iirc theres no american listed on that list and the spanish doctor is spanish.

anyways, it is gonna be an interesting tour this year, although i didnt really expect that.

that prologue atm really is quite thrilling.

how could they?

iirc theres no american listed on that list and the spanish doctor is spanish.

anyways, it is gonna be an interesting tour this year, although i didnt really expect that.

that prologue atm really is quite thrilling.

They work in mysterious ways, and pull amazing things out of their ass. Just look at the talent the Greek had in the 04 olympics. When something bad happens to atheletes in an international competition it usually gets blamed on americans cheating somehow. Well the people with comon sense dont usually think that, but those people are the minority.

I'm surprised a bigger deal hasn't been made out of this, especially since it included Basso and Ulrich.

my thoughts. but actually you could see that coming. that scandal is HUGE and of course they deemphasize that.

anyways, interesting tour till now, that the prologue and the first stage were taken. :shiftyninja:

+1 for not caring because lance is gone.

that's such a stereotypical american view. no americans winning....not worth being interested in.

As for drugs, I think they should do two tours, one without and then one where you can go completely mental on drugs and take as many as you want, I wonder which would get most spectators.

that's such a stereotypical american view. no americans winning....not worth being interested in.

As for drugs, I think they should do two tours, one without and then one where you can go completely mental on drugs and take as many as you want, I wonder which would get most spectators.

Too bad the chances of an american winning are high, and their is one winning right now. So what the hell are you talking about. He never said he would only watch it if an american is winning, he said he didnt care because lance wasnt in it. I dont get why you people try to get mad because americans dont like your sports(SOCCER).

Stereotypical European

im pretty sure that the discovery team is one of the best even without lance. :rolleyes:

it's bike riding for god sakes.. why is there so many scandles in tour de france? i think it's time to shut that down

Too bad the chances of an american winning are high, and their is one winning right now. So what the hell are you talking about. He never said he would only watch it if an american is winning, he said he didnt care because lance wasnt in it. I dont get why you people try to get mad because americans dont like your sports(SOCCER).

Stereotypical European

Too bad many americans do like soccer so what the hell are you talking about. I never said americans didn't like it or that it was called football. I don't get why you people try to get so mad because europeans don't like (AMERICAN) football.

relax man.