The Shift Linux Logo Contest

Well, our distro needs a logo. And we need really good graphics people to work on them, so here's how it will work. Entries can be posted here, and after about a week of entries, we'll have a new thread for voting, and this thread will be closed (hopefully).

The logo should be basic, circular, basic, and preferably in SVG format. By big, I mean if you can't make an SVG, just make it 1000px x 1000px, and it doesn't have to be circular, however it would be preferred. Please post a downsized logo in this thread.

So gentlemen (and ladies, of course!), start your engines! Photoshop engines, that is!

FYI, there will not be a website/graphics meeting this weekend, unless it is held without me (which would be permittable).

Am I correct in assuming that it would be acceptable to incorporate the existing neowin logo into the Shift logo and that its creators have no objections?

So gentlemen (and ladies, of course!), start your engines! Photoshop engines, that is!
:o

Or GIMP :whistle:

Am I correct in assuming that it would be acceptable to incorporate the existing neowin logo into the Shift logo and that its creators have no objections?

I would've assumed that... Hell, I thought it'd just be the Shift logo :huh:

edit: I like your sig mark XD

We're photoshopping the images together.

And you can, but something original may get farther.

I almost forgot, the winner does get special mention in the distro. Not much, but maybe enough for those of you that want to be known.

:o

Or GIMP :whistle:

or fireworks (Y)

post-76301-1152331141.png

Its lame, i know :p I didnt have any idea what to do :D

That's the s from the chlorine font, no?

quick ideas:

post-101488-1152334771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pox

another:

shift2.png

My fave so far also. Pox your work is always awesome!

Although I do think that maybe it should tie in a little bit better with the site.

Got my vote so far :D

My fave so far also. Pox your work is always awesome!

Although I do think that maybe it should tie in a little bit better with the site.

I like it. If you do like the above post said, maybe change the red to blue.

In blue:

shift2.png

That is correct.

Barney

I never heard or have found any evidence of my logo also no responses for the person on NeoRequest I made it for, so here's my shot; it's vector so can be scaled simple colours, and all round. :) Let me know what you think,

JMann :)

post-28082-1152358074.png

I never heard or have found any evidence of my logo also no responses for the person on NeoRequest I made it for, so here's my shot; it's vector so can be scaled simple colours, and all round. :) Let me know what you think,

Woah. That's nice.

It's like a 50/50 split between your one and Pox's, they're both amazing.

Very nice also. Love all these entries!

JMann, I can't read the small writing. Can you post a full image?

Barney

It just says "www.neowin.net", I didn't know what too put as a subtitle, but if you want it too be changed tell me now and I will resubmit a larger version with the new Subtitle.

T3h Win.