Federer Wins Wimbledon

There was a another final taking place today, besides the World Cup. ;) Congrats to Fed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AmPp...ov=ap&type=lgns

Federer beats Nadal for fourth straight Wimbledon title

By STEPHEN WILSON, AP Sports Writer

July 9, 2006

Defending champion Roger Federer reacts to a point during his 6-0, 7-6, 6-7, 6-3 victory over Spain's Rafael Nadal during the Men's Singles final on the Centre Court at Wimbledon, Sunday July 9, 2006.

AP - Jul 9, 1:29 pm EDT

More Photos

WIMBLEDON, England (AP) -- Nobody can stop Roger Federer on grass.

No. 1 got even against No. 2 as Federer ended a five-match losing streak to Rafael Nadal on Sunday, winning 6-0, 7-6 (5), 6-7 (2), 6-3 to earn his fourth straight Wimbledon title and eighth Grand Slam championship.

god dammit i wanted Nadal to win....i just dont think Nadal was ready for grass..he only played 5 comp on grass but he is a man for the future if he can get this far on first grass grand slam (not sure bout that ) i dont think Federer will reign in the future...though atm its his time

THough the victory was quite convincing....also im surpirsed i didnt see Nadal get like a second place plate thing.. dont runners-up get anything in Wimbeldon?

This years Wimbledon seems to have passed really quickly, I live in Wimbledon so it's pretty fun when it starts and you get all the other side events going on and loads of new people around, but I guess it was overshadowed by the World Cup this time.

god dammit i wanted Nadal to win....i just dont think Nadal was ready for grass..he only played 5 comp on grass but he is a man for the future if he can get this far on first grass grand slam (not sure bout that ) i dont think Federer will reign in the future...though atm its his time

THough the victory was quite convincing....also im surpirsed i didnt see Nadal get like a second place plate thing.. dont runners-up get anything in Wimbeldon?

He did get the plate, he didn't carry it around all the time, but he got one.

Hopefully Federer does win it all in the future. I don't know why, I just have a feeling that he isn't trying to develop his abilities more, but if he were to do so, he'd crush anyone (including Nadal)... he just seems relatively satisfied as is. I know Federer is great right now, but he can be better

i watched a bit of it today in the morning. Got bored after 3 sets. But i am glad freder won it...his 4th wimbledon in a row i think.

Nadal owns him on any other surface its just a matter of time until Nadal masters the grass :D

My guess is that by the time Nadal masters the grass, Federer masters the clay. Right now I think it's purely mental for Federer against Nadal, even he admitted it. When he's playing Nadal, he's just not thinking straight

What a surprise!! Federer wins again! Congrats to him though. I watched parts of it because it was on at the same time as the World Cup. Wasn't too much of an interesting game. I thought Nadal would do better, especially in the first set.

I have not really watched much of Wimbledon this year, due to the World Cup being on at like the same time (they should of changed the dates). But I did watch the final and it was quite a good game, Federer battered Nadal in the first set, but then Nadal started to play better and get more confidence. In the end I am glad Federer won, and I hope he wins next year's title as well to get his fifth title in a row. Nadal is undoubtably going to be a class player in the future though.

Roger Federer v Rafael Nadal for many years to come :yes:.

The 3rd set really showed what Nadal was made of, and as this was my first time watching him play a serious opponent, I'm impressed by the level of maturity and the ability he has.

That's it!

Federer rules in Grass!

Nadal rules in Clay!

C'mon man a 6-0 first set win!!! Nadal did fight back though. Took the game to two consecutive tie breakers. But in the end FedEx took his fourth consecutive Wimbledon title.