The question everyone should be thinking about:

What to ask for for Christmas??

I just bought my iBook a couple weeks ago (best decision ever), but the question now is what do I want to go with it? I'm torn between Apple Care (leaning towards that) and an external SuperDrive.

Would there be any issues with using an external SuperDrive on a G3 700? Or any other ideas what to get?

:)

Originally posted by Strokemouth

What to ask for for Christmas??

I just bought my iBook a couple weeks ago (best decision ever), but the question now is what do I want to go with it? I'm torn between Apple Care (leaning towards that) and an external SuperDrive.

Would there be any issues with using an external SuperDrive on a G3 700? Or any other ideas what to get?

:)

hmm if your going to be doing lots of dvd burning, the superdrive would be the way to go, but if u just want it cuz its a superdrive and it costs alot (lol) u might as well get some apple care...but i heard theres a year of free warranty or whatever...i think, u could try getting apple care in a year when the warranty runs out...if they include a year worth of warranty

I've purchased three things for my iBook that I would suggest everyone who has one do the same:

1) A case! You gotta protect that bad boy. I bought the Marware and I love it.

2) RAM! Jag is a RAM piggy! I ran stock ram for about two months before I got my stick of 512, and it made all the difference in the world. This thing screams now. The RAM really cleaned it up.

3) AirPort card. I'm a full time college student, and being so, I'm on campus the majority of my time. My campus, like most, are completely wireless equipted. So no matter what building I'm in, or what coffee shop, or anywhere on campus for that matter, my iBook has a great 11mbps connection to the web. Very very handy.

jesse ;-)

I already have a case and airport card, going to buy more RAM on thursday (hehe, gotta wait for next paycheck).

As for the Apple Care, the 3 years you buy is 3 years from when you bought the computer. So if I waited until next summer to get it, I would be only getting 2 years more protection, but would be losing out of a year of phone support. At least that's how it was explained to me...if that is wrong, someone let me know! :)

Definitely get AppleCare. Mine expires 3 years from the date I turned in the registration form, July 2005. With carrying around an iBook or Powerbook all the time, something is bound to happen and it is a lot more expensive to replace parts on laptops than desktops.

If I don't buy one before I will for sure get an Airport card for Christmas, as my college is fully wireless and they are beginning to stress for students to have laptops with wireless cards.

This isn't really a need but I bought an Apple pro keyboard yesterday and now when I'm at home my iBook is basically a desktop system with an external mouse, keyboard, and 17" monitor. Very cool indeed.:)

well, i'm getting some new ram soon. I know it will help things a bit (considering i've got 256, and I KNOW I can do better :D ). That will be my own early christmas present.

I don't think I'm getting any Apple-related items for christmas though. My parents don't know about my iMac yet (they certainly don't want me spending $2000 on another computer :) ), so I can't really expect anything from them. Plus, I don't know what I'd get :D

Originally posted by timdorr

well, i'm getting some new ram soon. I know it will help things a bit (considering i've got 256, and I KNOW I can do better :D ). That will be my own early christmas present.

I don't think I'm getting any Apple-related items for christmas though. My parents don't know about my iMac yet (they certainly don't want me spending $2000 on another computer :) ), so I can't really expect anything from them. Plus, I don't know what I'd get :D

LOL :p

Originally posted by timdorr

tsk tsk tsk, knowing my mom, if it were up to her, i wouldnt even be getting a new puter...and i wouldnt have my current puter

I can imagine 'iPod' Would be on a lotta Peeps'z Wish Lists?! ... i gotta get One! ... as Much For a Removable FireWire, as an mp3 Playa ... So its gotta be tha 20! :D

Bloody 10Gb HDD ... That SUCKS! :ermm:

NeYo