number of reps in working out?!

i am about 110kg and 1.84m tall , so i wanna lose alot of weight , so beside running and swimming and cycling thats i begain to do , does some working out for all muscles ( general ) would also help loosing fats. i am doing 20 reps for 1 set for every muscle.

If you want to LOSE weight, lifting isn't going to help you all that much. And don't do only a few reps at a high weight ratio if you want to lose weight.

As a wrestler (Olympic style, not WWE crap) I know a thing or two about losing (and cutting) weight ;)

Aye is correct, weights won't do anything for you except possibly make you gain weight.

The best way to lose weight is to eat less, or eat right. Watch your caloric intake. Losing weight is simple, burn more calories than you bring in. Run or walk every day if you can. Be patient. There are no fast ways to lose weight and keep it off.

What ever you do, do not weight yourself every day. Weigh yourself once or twice a week. Understand, again, that it will take time. Do not weight yourself after you finish working out. While you will show a loss of weight, it will only be water weight that you lost while you were sweating, and will be put right back on once you re-hydrate.

To sum it up: Eat less/right, run and do other aerobic activities.

i am already doing alot of fitness before doing working out , running and cycling and swimming , and also begain a diet , but i dont wanna only lose weight and not be fit , so isnt working out will make my body more fit while losing wight?

i am already doing alot of fitness before doing working out , running and cycling and swimming , and also begain a diet , but i dont wanna only lose weight and not be fit , so isnt working out will make my body more fit while losing wight?

You'll be fit from doing all that stuff :)

It won't hurt you all that much to do lots of lower weight reps. But I'd wait until you reach your weight goal until you start lifting much.

Lose weight first, then build muscle. Running/Cycling/Swimmiing is what you should focus on. Destroy all drinks and stick to water (except maybe fruit juices without any crap added). Ditch the junk food, little by little start eliminating bad foods. You will lose the weight fairly quickly this way. After that, you can use weights etc.

i am sticking to a diet with almost preoteins foods so i can surivive the gym and taking vitmains , and i am drinking alot of water to get me rid of all the juck i was drinking , and u know i already begainning to feel more healthy with way of eating and doing fitness , i feel alot active and more fresh.

i am sticking to a diet with almost preoteins foods so i can surivive the gym and taking vitmains , and i am drinking alot of water to get me rid of all the juck i was drinking , and u know i already begainning to feel more healthy with way of eating and doing fitness , i feel alot active and more fresh.

Nice :) Good luck with your workouts!

anybody know any nfo about thats multivitamin "centrum" , is it good ? safe to take?

it's fine, just don't overdose on it. Yes, you can overdose on vitamins (in a way). Follow the directions on the back.

i am taking a tablet daily , and thats what is writen on it.

i think i will take it for month .

dont take it longer than this , right?

Our weight lifting teacher in high school told us that the more muscle you have, the faster/more effectively you burn calories. I don't know if that's true or not, but it does make some sense. Besides, weight lifting can't hurt you (assuming you do it correctly), so if you just do some toning excercises (low weight, high reps), you should be just fine.

Good luck! I'm in the same struggle right now. I weigh more than I should and eat terribly (not to mention the soda I drink), so maybe I can follow some of the advice I gave you.

thanx man for the advice..

but really u should begain in getting fit , i couldnt handle me anymore in the summer suit , on the beach.

and the more important , being fit make u alot more healthy and for me it give me some self confident.