Windows Live Messenger - Error 8100030d ?

Hi all,

I downloaded the new version of Windows Live Messenger today so that I could test out interoperability with the new Yahoo Instant Messenger. However, since installing this (and agreeing to be part of the beta online), I can no longer sign into Windows Live Messenger. It gives me the 8100030d error code.

What's strange is that I have no problem connecting to the web version of Windows Live Messenger (webmessenger.msn.com).

Has anyone else who signed on to test this new functionality had these issues? This is really p.i.s.s.i.n.g me off since there's no way for me to sign myself off the beta now.

:angry:

Edited by biznotch

I had this issue earlier as well. Ultimately, I had to reinstall MSN 7.5 just to be able to log in again. I haven't had time to really look into this, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one with that problem.

Ok --- I just found out how to deal with this problem.

I was able to leave the beta for this new functionality by going to http://ideas.live.com and then clicking on Windows Live Messenger. Then it brought me to the page for the Yahoo functionality and on the right column, there was a text link to "Leave the beta" or something like that. As soon as I did this, I was INSTANTLY able to get onto the Windows Live Messenger service again.

Looks like this functionality is totally messed up for now. I'll have to wait until MS fixes this and if I really need functionality like this, I'll install something like Trillian.

I've tried reinstalling WLM yesterday with the same error to show up afterwards. I haven't tried today, however. But there hasn't been any updates since the intergration, have there?

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you got zonealarm? Version 6.5 of zonealarm has a conflicting IMsecurity that gave me that error. Try shutting zonealarm off to see if that is the culprit

I don't have ZoneAlarm installed and i'm getting this error message also. Anyway, it seems that Microsoft have already fixed the connection error problem and i've been able to log into Windows Live Messenger just fine...