Improve a logo

Question

Hi everyone,

I have a current logo for a project, but it needs some work. Feel free to either improve the current logo or start from scratch. ?20 (about US$35) will be paid via paypal for full rights to the best design.

The logo is for a company named ?Cymble?, needs to be in the bright green colour in a similar font to the one below. Anything which makes the logo look more professional will be accepted. (Basically, take your artistic talent and apply it to the logo.)

Some ideas:

Improve the shadow (bigger, smaller, different colour?)

Work on the dots to the left (bigger, smaller, rearrange, etc)

Work on the vertical line of the E (curve one corner of it?)

Anything else you feel like.

If you have any questions, either PM or post here.

Current logo:

post-56525-1152870146.png

A few people have asked about a deadline - Which will be 7 days from now.

Looking foward to seeing what else people can produce.

We need feedback as well, to know how to make improvements etc...

Okay:

P1Guy (1st design) - very nice. A stronger (brighter) green perhaps?

P1Guy (2nd design) - the "lines" in the design (breaking up the font) is a requirement. Sorry. (Not my choice, but the man in charge wants a split font effect.)

Monkey Boy - very nice. Although can the Y and B be improved? (Capital letters? slight change to font?) Just to make it easier to read.

Hope this helps.

GAViN - I like the colour and the font in the first and third design. Don?t like the italic design as much. Can you produce the first design in all-caps? And maybe reduce the size/colour/strength of the logo to the right? (Maybe try removing it, although I think it might look empty then.)

ZiGGA - I very much like the design. Could the "dots" of the Y and M be made squarer, or elongated somehow?

hmmm seems that my color managment setting where off, i could not seem to produce the bright green in Corel, only in Adobe, reset my color managment in Corel and now i have it corrected. So i am reposting in the brighter green

^it's all good here.

my favorite is zigga's altho it's not cut like the original, i love it.

p1guy, ur trying but you need to use cheap filters and effects less and research logos: they're suppose to be simple, usable (either on a business card or a poster, it should be legible and look right). for example, your last one with the checkers and drop shadow... that will not work on a business card or letter head.

research my friend and your efforts will pay off.

P1Guy - not yellow, please. The green needs to be a strong, bright green. Doesn?t need to be the same green as the trial logo, but something close.

kaneso - I don't like these as much. Maybe it's just the lower case letters (I like the upper case designs much more), of the two lines being so low...

Sam - I like this a lot. Can you try it with a few less lines? (I think you have 5, maybe try it with 4 or 3?)

P1Guy - Both of these look good. Could the second one be changed a bit? Maybe the yellow could have a bit more green in it? (I feel the contrast is a little too much...)

P1Guy - It seems a bit busy this design. Wouldn't work on a business card or letter head (like Ashiaveli said).

So far, lots of good designs. But a few things to note:

Although I don?t mind you changing anything about this logo, I seem to like them the most when they are in capital letters, and a bright green. Although you can work on dark greens and other colours if you feel it adds to the design.

Also, there is no need to add any extra logo or words to the design. (To this end, could P1Guy remove the word ?imports? from one of his early designs. Keep the ?swoop? though.)

But keep up the good work, and feel free to PM / post if you have any questions.

GAViN - I like the colour and the font in the first and third design. Don?t like the italic design as much. Can you produce the first design in all-caps? And maybe reduce the size/colour/strength of the logo to the right? (Maybe try removing it, although I think it might look empty then.)

Am slightly confused as to what you want me to do - "reduce size/colour/strength of the logo to right?" thats thrown me m8 not sure what you mean? lol:no:o:

GAViN - Just to be sure, we are both looking at post 11 in this thread.

The first design - Can you convert the text to capital letters, and make the gray and red thing to the right (behind the L and E) smaller?

Second design - Can we try it in non-italic text? And again, work on the gray-and-red thing a bit?

Third design - I like this one, apart from the gray-and-red thing. Can you work on this a bit (maybe fade the whole thing into the background more?)

Sam - It's up to you. Maybe try same size lines, bigger lines and smaller lines so I can compare? Or is that too much work?