live messenger won't sign in

I downloaded the msn messenger version that was downloadable from msn.com, I tried to sign in with my previous passport mail, but the msn logo keeps turning around and around and around. I don't even get a message or anything.

I tried to reset my password, and it still won't sign in.

why the heck can't microsoft products just ....work? is that too much to to ask for?

dont you mean WLM... if the icon is still spinning then its trying to log you in.. there might be a problem with the server, why dont you take a lookie at the current service status??

i did, all systems are running properly it said. i don't think it's the beta version.. might have posted this in the wrong thread..

the icons has been spinning around for like 30 minuits, does it usually take that long? i don't think so.

holy jebus, it finally logged in, after 40 min.

i logged off to install the mess.be patch, it seems as if it uses the same amount of time to log in each time. this is frustrating.

Edited by pojo

hi, i got kicked the whole time from msn.. it says then: The connection with the server has been lost....

Anyone with the same prob ?

I would recommend emptying your contact cache. To do that, go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Contacts\<Your Messenger email address> then just delete everything in that folder.

Same here. I logged in earlier but my contact list was empty. I thought someone hacked my account. I cant even log in now. service status says, All systems are stable and running.

Phew!, thought I was the only one having these problems :unsure:. My contact list comes and goes with logging on.

Weird though the Messenger Servers are working fine :s

Radish?

Same here - trouble signing in, empty contact list, and people online showing up as offline when they're online

Also - it gave me error code "830095", which i couldnt find anywhere

ive had a wierd problem this evening, i normally have a massive block list, over 50ppl+ and now they are all gone, when i press the 'whos added me to their list' button there is nothing there.

My contact list went weird this afternoon as well

Threads Merged

Still having the same problem, contact list comes and goes with each logon :/

Radish?

i had the same problem, installed winxp again 2nite, and wlm was being annoying and not gettin my contact list, but when i logged in on MirandaIM, it works fine, so im gona use this for a while i tink :)

Gah, Mine takes anything between 11 and 23 minutes to sign in. Whats the cause? This is on any pc by the way and its only my email. I used the beta (from connect) without any problems when that was released =\

Something I have just noticed, it displays a connection error when I leave the mouse pointer on the WLM icon in the taskbar. But I haven't had any problems chatting with people all day, on WLM or Yahoo.

post-21827-1153190852.jpg

Hi, I have windows live messenger for 2 weeks and a problem start 2 days ago. I get a message on top of my contact list saying that I have a connection problem and that changes on this computer might not be reflected onto other computers. This scenario, I don't care but since I got this message, windows live messenger disconnect every 5 minutes or so.

I would like to know if anybody else have or had this problem and how to solve it.

Thanks

I'm getting this aswell. Also I get "Connection Error" ALL THE TIME when I hover over the icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Same here. It's patchy at times. I think they might be upgrading/creating more servers.

Hm, that's weird. A few hours ago, I noticed that when hovering over the tray icon, it says "Connection error", but other than that, I don't get any disconnects or anything. It all works fine.