Cannot install Canon BJC-240 printer

When I try to install my Canon BJC 240 I get the following error (freely translated from swedish.. ):

"Could not continue because of no more resources. Subsystem for printing not available"

I'm running windows 2000 pro and have administrators rights.

Anybody has a clue to what I can do?

Thanx,

Ronnie

• 4 weeks later...

The error is related to the Spooler service running out of memory. I have seen this many times on NT print servers what have been up for a few months... stopping and starting the service usually fixes it.. I have to say I have never seen it on a standlone PC though... Being low on hard drive space also causes that error.. and you can change the Params of the spooler in the registry to use a different spool file... There is a KB artical on this I can find for you if you still havent fixed it

I am finding it diffecult to relate the information on Technet with your error. I take it you are running win2k pro ?.. is there an error in the system log? if so it will have an ID number with this you can get an exact cause of it from Technet...

I have found some articals realating to performance tricks in Win2K spooler.. but they are not reconmended...especially if you are having problems in the first place.

Best plan would be to find the problem before we fix it :-)

Yes, I'm using win2k pro.

I can't find any error in the Ewent wiewer in Adminstrative Tools. I think I've seen an error there before when this happened. I'm going to try to get an error later.

Is this the same as the system log or is that different ?

Thanx

/Ronnie

• 6 years later...