iPod Speakers

Hey,

My birthday is fast approaching. And im getting a weeked with me and a couple of friends up at my cottage :D :D :D So I'll need some sort of music playing device. I have the iPod so i thought, why not get a speaker system type deal for it.

I'm looking at these 3:

apple hifi

Klipsch iGroove

Bose Sound Dock

in all honisty, i dont want to spend that kind of money. But i want good sound. Out of those 3 which is the best? and do you have one to recomend thats cheaper but still has good sound?

Thanks, goodcase

i figured the bose would have been the best. I guess ill just go in and listen to them.

you really have to give props to the bose marketing team.... :whistle:

Don't know about Klipsch, but having played with the Apple HiFi, I can say that it sound realy good! Surprising for this box. If not for the price, I would have one at home and at work....

i figured the bose would have been the best. I guess ill just go in and listen to them.

No High's, No Low's?... It must be Bose! When was the last time they did something REALY good?

The Bose system is not that great sounding. It's range is poor, at best. The Klipsch system got really good reviews in the few articles I read and it sounded good when I heard it. The fact that it comes with a true subwoofer, ensures you that you'll get the low range that the other systems simply lack.

so im going to futureshop tonight with my iPod and im going to test those 3 our and i'll make my desicion then and there...so hopefully i will have told you which one im going to get.

I listened to all 3. The apple HiFi was the worst out of all of them so i didnt spend much time with that one. Then i moved on to the Klipsch one..i thought it had good sound, so i moved on to the Bose....there was no comparison between the bose and the Klipsch...the bose was better in every way. It had a richer sound, it didnt distort at a higher volume and it had better lows then the Klipsch.

I picked the bose up and went to the counter, went to pay for it "insuf funds" came up..so i thought that was wierd seeing as i just got paid and had about $700 in the account that i was paying from....so i said okay forget about it. Go to my bank and get a transaction record....my account was hacked and $300 is missing from my account....so now i have to phone the bank on monday and see wtf is going on. :angry:

The Bose system is not that great sounding. It's range is poor, at best. The Klipsch system got really good reviews in the few articles I read and it sounded good when I heard it. The fact that it comes with a true subwoofer, ensures you that you'll get the low range that the other systems simply lack.

The iGroove has a subwoofer? I think you're thinking of the klipsch i-fi. Oh, if only they had a headphone jack then I could finally get new 2.1 speakers.

The iGroove has a subwoofer? I think you're thinking of the klipsch i-fi. Oh, if only they had a headphone jack then I could finally get new 2.1 speakers.

Oh, yeah I was thinking about the i-Fi. Woops, that kind of nullifies my original recommendation. I was wondering how he received more bass from the Bose than from the Klipsch, lol. Now it makes sense.

• 1 year later...

I got the iGroove with my Touch for Christmas last year, really can't complain with the quality. Parents went and ordered the exact same thing the day they heard it :)

A cheaper alternative might be one of the Altec Lansing inMotion speaker docs. I got my girlfriend one, can't remember the exact model of the top of my head but it was under ?50. Good sound and folds away compactly.

Think it may be the IM-11.

• 3 weeks later...